Kin 2m problems
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

My daughters Kin 2m was intermittantly freezing so that we had difficulty or could not wake it up. So we finally asked for a replacement. The replacement was shipped out very quickly- over night shipping. Great

The order says Kin 2m but we couldn't activate it. The customer service person couldn't get it activated and then advised me that I had to accept a data package with the phone. I said, "No way, it's a feature phone and doesn't require a data package, and that I have data blocked (that's why it wouldn't activate)." It turns out that it's a Kin 2 - it's HEX # says it's a Kin 2 not a KIn 2m.

I am sending it back. I hope this all works out OK.:smileysad:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin 2m problems
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new Kin Twom replacement phone arrived, and it works so much better than the first intermittantly defective one. My daughter likes it now because it is responsive and not just frustrating.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wpndenton2789

i have heard of this happening, but i don't think they should have tried to make you put a data plan on it, i know it was the origional kin two but they should change the system so that those who are getting replacement phones can either get a kin 2 and activate it w/o a data plan or get the two m!

0 Likes
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree!

So I called verizon today to tell them that I had sent their Kin2 back to them and that I want a Kin2m. Customer Service said they will send a Kin2m but that I had to have the old original K2m returned to them within 5 days instead of 10 days or I get charged $222.

0 Likes
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new Kin Twom replacement phone arrived, and it works so much better than the first intermittantly defective one. My daughter likes it now because it is responsive and not just frustrating.

0 Likes