Kin ONEm - downloading photos to computer?
GreenMermaid

Has anyone had success downloading photos from the Kin to a computer?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin ONEm - downloading photos to computer?
cscilley
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is how you move the videos and pictures to the computer from the kin2.  Open up the Zune software on the computer.  Then plug the kin2 into the computer with the usb cord.  Then open up the phone icon in the zune program.  Click on video on the program.  Your videos will show on the zune program on the computer.  Then hold your mouse button down and move the video to the computer icon in the lower left hand corner.  Your video is now on the computer.  You can then unplug the phone from the computer.  I just did this, so I know it works.

Carolyn

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you download and install the Zune software to your computer? I believe you have to manage photos through Zune, in the same way that Apple products are synced with iTunes.

0 Likes
dsto

yes. It is all managed through Zune. So Download that first from http://zune.net/en-us/products/software/download/default.htm . After software download (and computer restart) Zune will open up everytime you plug your phone into your computer. Fairly intuitive. Takes a little to get used to but not too hard. I've ony been playing around for a day with it but seems pretty cool. 

0 Likes
kschramm

i have zune installed and i am unable to transfer photos or videos to my pc.  when i click on the the settings tab, then go to the phone tab  and then drill down to the pictures and videos tab on the left side   i get a message that says the following..."your device isn't compatible with this feature."  whats up with that?  anyone else get that message using the revised kin TWOm?

0 Likes
GreenMermaid

Arrghh!  All afternoon on phone with the Zune people and PCD (Personal Communication Devices; company that manufactures the Kin).  Still CANNOT download photos from phone to Zune.  Can upload photos from computer to phone only, but something gets screwy when I try to get the photos off the phone to Zune.  Tech support was baffled too and only suggested that I reinstall Zune AGAIN (for 4th time).

What good is a 5 megapixel camera if they stay on the tiny screen of your phone???  I am ready to call Verizon and return the phone.

0 Likes
kschramm

I just returned my phone as well.  what good is hd video if it's stuck on the little screen.  the only way I was able to transfer video off the phone was to email it to myself.  what a pian

0 Likes
Ctsuzuki
How did you email the videos I can't even do this
0 Likes
cscilley
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is how you move the videos and pictures to the computer from the kin2.  Open up the Zune software on the computer.  Then plug the kin2 into the computer with the usb cord.  Then open up the phone icon in the zune program.  Click on video on the program.  Your videos will show on the zune program on the computer.  Then hold your mouse button down and move the video to the computer icon in the lower left hand corner.  Your video is now on the computer.  You can then unplug the phone from the computer.  I just did this, so I know it works.

Carolyn

0 Likes
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't been able to transfer either...same problem...just gray boxes. ...there seems to be a glitch with this software...anyone know if there is a fix for this..I have thought about returning my phone to if its possible...have had it a month...what good is the camera if I can't transfer the pics...has anyone been able to return their phone after having it for at least a month for this software glitch?

0 Likes
Shockey

I just downloaded 85 pictures from my phone(KIN TWOm) to the computer through Zune. Worked perfectly.

0 Likes