Kin One Problems connecting to USB on Desktop
trahcwolf

Windows 7 64 bit does not recognize the Kin One

I downloaded Zune software (120 mb)

Upon starting the install, it did not see that I was connected to the internet and stopped

(I was connected)

I was informed to download SZIP, which I cannot find anywhere

After two hours of frustration, I gave up.

I also saw articles stating that this cell phone Verizon talked my wife into purchasing was declared dead in the water over a year ago, and there is no support for it.

Is this true?

We've had the phone less than a week, and this is simply ticking me off

I spent almost 1/2 hour unsuccessfully attempting to email Verizon.

I now turn to this forum seeking assistance.

All my wife wants to do is hook the cellphone to the pc, and perhaps enter the digital  age...

On back opf the cellphone it says Windows Phone/Veriizon/Sharp

Neither of these three entities offers any help as far as I can see.

Any creative constructive help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin One Problems connecting to USB on Desktop
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

trahcwolf wrote:

Upon starting the install, it did not see that I was connected to the internet and stopped

(I was connected)

I also saw articles stating that this cell phone Verizon talked my wife into purchasing was declared dead in the water over a year ago, and there is no support for it.

Is this true?

All my wife wants to do is hook the cellphone to the pc, and perhaps enter the digital  age...

On back opf the cellphone it says Windows Phone/Verizon/Sharp

Thank you for your inquiry Trahcwolf. I googled for the drivers for Windows7 drivers as it related to the Kin One. I was able to locate this following link: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Verizon%...  

Without the proper drivers installed, this would be the reason why you maybe had connection issues. Try to use the steps provided by MircoSoft for help with your operating system in recognizing the device.  As far as support, we try to help as much as possible but the older a device becomes, the newer operating systems and software might not support the device. As far as your connecting to the internet, were you meaning via Wifi or on the device itself on our network? We do provide a message on the screen after sending an email advising about of a 24 hour window turn around time for a response. That's why in 1/2 hour you would not have a response.  Once you have the needed drivers from your operating system to recognize the device, please proceed to connect it to your computer via a compatible USB cable. I am providing a link for you to use as a reference for the user manual that will help you further. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5571&m=

Also, I am providing you some to help with connecting your Kin One to the computer.

To use the Zune software to copy photos and videos to your phone from your computer:

1. Install the Zune software on your computer. (To download and install this software, go to www.zune.net/setup on your computer and follow the instructions. If you need help with the SZip program, inquire with the software provider.)

2 Once you have installed and set up Zune software on your computer, make sure the photos and videos you want to import to your phone are in your Zune software Collection.

3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.

4. Open the Zune software if it doesn't open automatically.

5 From the Zune software on your computer > To copy photos and videos from your computer to your phone> Drag the photos and videos in your Zune software Collection to the phone icon at the lower-left of the page. Progress is displayed for you on the computer screen. The photos and videos you copy to your phone will display in your phone’s Albums screen, where you can favorite them, share them, upload them,etc. Read more in “Full-screen photo viewer” on page 87• To copy photos and videos from your phone to your computer - Any photo or video that has not synced to the Studio will appear within the Zune software on the Device > Videos or Device >Pictures page. (If you don’t have a plan that includes the Studio, then all the photos and videos on your phone will appear on these Zune pages.) Drag the items you want to download to the computer icon in the lower-left of the page.

These photos and videos will then be part of your 95 ONE User Guide - R1.0 - April 21, 2010 Zune Collection and will be stored on your computer in the location specified in the Zune software Settings > Software page.

To jump to the Studio and see the photos and videos that have already synced, click the Studio members link at the bottom of the Zune software Video or Pictures page. From there you can open the item. Click More > Download to save it to a location on your computer. When finished, disconnect your phone from your computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Kin One Problems connecting to USB on Desktop
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

trahcwolf wrote:

(I was connected)

Is this true?

On back opf the cellphone it says Windows Phone/Verizon/Sharp

Thank you for your inquiry Trahcwolf. I googled for the drivers for Windows7 drivers as it related to the Kin One. I was able to locate this following link: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Verizon%...  

Without the proper drivers installed, this would be the reason why you maybe had connection issues. Try to use the steps provided by MircoSoft for help with your operating system in recognizing the device.  As far as support, we try to help as much as possible but the older a device becomes, the newer operating systems and software might not support the device. As far as your connecting to the internet, were you meaning via Wifi or on the device itself on our network? We do provide a message on the screen after sending an email advising about of a 24 hour window turn around time for a response. That's why in 1/2 hour you would not have a response.  Once you have the needed drivers from your operating system to recognize the device, please proceed to connect it to your computer via a compatible USB cable. I am providing a link for you to use as a reference for the user manual that will help you further. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5571&m=

Also, I am providing you some to help with connecting your Kin One to the computer.

To use the Zune software to copy photos and videos to your phone from your computer:

1. Install the Zune software on your computer. (To download and install this software, go to www.zune.net/setup on your computer and follow the instructions. If you need help with the SZip program, inquire with the software provider.)

2 Once you have installed and set up Zune software on your computer, make sure the photos and videos you want to import to your phone are in your Zune software Collection.

3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.

4. Open the Zune software if it doesn't open automatically.

5 From the Zune software on your computer > To copy photos and videos from your computer to your phone> Drag the photos and videos in your Zune software Collection to the phone icon at the lower-left of the page. Progress is displayed for you on the computer screen. The photos and videos you copy to your phone will display in your phone’s Albums screen, where you can favorite them, share them, upload them,etc. Read more in “Full-screen photo viewer” on page 87• To copy photos and videos from your phone to your computer - Any photo or video that has not synced to the Studio will appear within the Zune software on the Device > Videos or Device >Pictures page. (If you don’t have a plan that includes the Studio, then all the photos and videos on your phone will appear on these Zune pages.) Drag the items you want to download to the computer icon in the lower-left of the page.

These photos and videos will then be part of your 95 ONE User Guide - R1.0 - April 21, 2010 Zune Collection and will be stored on your computer in the location specified in the Zune software Settings > Software page.

To jump to the Studio and see the photos and videos that have already synced, click the Studio members link at the bottom of the Zune software Video or Pictures page. From there you can open the item. Click More > Download to save it to a location on your computer. When finished, disconnect your phone from your computer.

0 Likes