Kin One
Eric55

Hello,

I have a Kin One and am trying to connect to the internet via wi-fi. I see my network, and have typed in the correct password but even with being 1 foot away from the router it does not connect. Are there software updates I need or? It is a new phone. It keeps stating that it cannot connect the internet now. It lists the correct security protection as well.

Thank you for reading,

Eric

Edit: Kin* One; also, I took off roaming and yet it still connects to the internet. I went to the end of the road and the browser speed was still high so I am assuming 3g is enabled. Is there a way to not use anything but wi-fi? I have disabled roaming.

0 Likes
Re: Kin One
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I do not know why you cannot connect. I don't know very much about networking, but i believe there is some setting within your own wireless network that is blocking the connection.

As for Wifi-only, turning off roaming does not disable the phone's 3g connection. It only disables the phones ability to 'roam', or search for other networks other than its own, and use that network. This usually costs extra, on top of data. But there is a way to make this phone only connect via Wi-fi, aka no charges to your phone bill for data access. I have written an extensive review on the Kin Twom, but many of the features between the kin onem and twom are the same, including Wifi access. Below is a link to that review, and WiFi information is in section **3 (the 3rd reply post).

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/m-p/347662#M436

0 Likes