Kin OneM being Charged for Data
Baserunner65

Ok so I bought a Refurbished Kin OneM on ebay for my daughter for christmas because she loves the Zune experience on the phone. I actiavated the phone and all was well until I checked my account online. The phone is registered as a Kin One, not a Kin OneM and is being charged $29 a month for data. Why is this? It is running Kin OneM software. I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Kin OneM being Charged for Data
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon Baserunner65.

This doesn't seem like a pleasant experience with this device.  (Personally, I would be confused and frustrated.)  I know it was purchased on eBay, but did the phone come in the original box?  If so, the Electronic Serial Number, (ESN) should match with the phone.  Does it say anywhere on the Kin if it's a One or Onem?  (Maybe when you remove the battery.)  If it is a Kin One and not a Kin Onem, the data plan will not be able to be removed.  What you can do, is send me a Private Message with the ESN, or MEID, and I will be happy to look into this for you to see if the data plan can be removed.  

Thank you,

0 Likes