Kin Onem
StandinUpForWWE

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the Kin Onem.  So far I enjoy the phone.  The only issue I have with the phone is the ringtones.  Is there anyway I can download ringtones?  Can I turn my mp3s into ringtones?  The Kin Onem does not support Verizon Wireless Media Downloads and I tried using some downloads online (to no success).  Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin Onem
ceruleanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went to the Verison store with my Kin Onem today and that was one of my questions. The guy at the Verizon store told me to go to myxer.com and type in a song or an artist there. Click "Get Ringtone," then type in your phone number in the box that pops up. It will send you a text message with the ringtone attached and you click "save" and then go to the setting panel where you set your ringtone. You should be able to find it in the list. I hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ceruleanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went to the Verison store with my Kin Onem today and that was one of my questions. The guy at the Verizon store told me to go to myxer.com and type in a song or an artist there. Click "Get Ringtone," then type in your phone number in the box that pops up. It will send you a text message with the ringtone attached and you click "save" and then go to the setting panel where you set your ringtone. You should be able to find it in the list. I hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StandinUpForWWE

YES! It worked Thank You SOOOOO much!

0 Likes
sw_girl
Enthusiast - Level 3

myxer did work!

fyi: I found a really loud ringtone on that site called "annoying beeps". yes, it is annoying, but if you're outside in a busy city, you should be able to hear it!

note: before you send a ringtone to your phone, you can edit it a bit. choose the "customize it first"  button, and you can edit the volume, length of time the song is, etc. choosing "loudest" on the volume really helped.

you can upload an mp3 and edit it too.

0 Likes
Brownz
0 Likes
stage1sac

yeah the ringtones suck....i just went to www.jamster.com and that site works with the kin onem.  i downloaded 20 ringtones for 10 bucks. and they sound great on the phone.  just make sure you cancel after you get all your ringtones otherwise it'll charge you every month until you cancel. 

hope that helps

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

You can also use your own mp3's to create ringtones for free using http://makeownringtone.com/ . Just upload an mp3 from your collection, choose the 30 second portion you want, then save to your computer. Once saved, email the ringtone as an attachment to yourphonenumber@vzwpix.com.  and then you can save it as a ringtone on your kin when you receive the text.

0 Likes
Marci_Jackson

Thanks so much for the advise. This is the first time I have been able to download a ringtone for my Kin.  Awesome!

0 Likes