Kin TWOm not recognized by PC any more
kirlax09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been using the Kin TWOm to sync data (pictures, music) sucessfully for a while and all of  a sudden the device is not recognize by the PC.  Nor is it recognized by the Zune software. This is actually on two different PC's and the behaviour is the same.  When I connect the USB cable, the phone makes a sound and shows in the status on the bottom right hand corner that it's connected and charging. However, it does not show on the phone display that it's connected.  I am pretty sure it used to go into "USB mode" by itself from just plugging it in.

What I have done....

-Power cycled the phone and PC's. 

-Removed the battery from the phone for a while and powered it back on.

-Re-installed the zune software.

-Tried to mess with device manager by right clicking on the computer and have it search for hardware changes.

Has anyone had this happen before or have ideas?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin TWOm not recognized by PC any more
kirlax09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay so I figured this out and it's one of those "wish I could get the time back that I spent on this", but oh well.

I tried my wife's kin TWOm with the same cable and it did not work either.  We both got the phones at the same time and both got the power cable that came with them. The cable that has the USB to power plug adapter that comes off. 

I had somehow switched cables with her and I guess they did not send us two of the same cables, or one of them is bad.  When I plugged my phone to the PC with the good cable it works fine.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kirlax09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay so I figured this out and it's one of those "wish I could get the time back that I spent on this", but oh well.

I tried my wife's kin TWOm with the same cable and it did not work either.  We both got the phones at the same time and both got the power cable that came with them. The cable that has the USB to power plug adapter that comes off. 

I had somehow switched cables with her and I guess they did not send us two of the same cables, or one of them is bad.  When I plugged my phone to the PC with the good cable it works fine.

Thanks,

0 Likes
phyatt

I had this exact same issue and the problem was a cheap cable.  Spend more than two dollars on your cable and you won't have this headache.

0 Likes