Kin Two Data
PKEmi

Hello!

Wondering if it was possible to activate the Kin Two without a data plan. I know that the Kin Twom does not require one, but the Kin Two was released as a smartphone (and the Kin Studio feature went down in late 2010, I think). I've gotten different answers from Customer Service about this, and I don't want to get a phone that has data required. 

In other words, can I block data on the original Kin Two?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin Two Data
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks SydneyK for the information.  Yes, this is correct, if you activate the original KIN One or KIN Two you will need a data package of $29.99 or higher. You can block certain data features but will need the data package to remain on the line if you decide to activate the original KIN. The KIN Onem and KIN Twom does not require the $29.99 data package. 

KinquanaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you can activate the original Kin models without a data plan. When it was announced the Kin Studio was closing, owners of the original models received an offer to exchange for a free 3G phone, but I did not hear anything about activating them as feature phones.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks SydneyK for the information.  Yes, this is correct, if you activate the original KIN One or KIN Two you will need a data package of $29.99 or higher. You can block certain data features but will need the data package to remain on the line if you decide to activate the original KIN. The KIN Onem and KIN Twom does not require the $29.99 data package. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes