Kin Two m charghing problem
ridenm

Have had the phone almost a year, and aside from the touch screen I'm relatively happy until now. The phone power/data connector is going bad, with an intermittent connection from most cable connectors, and the battery charge is lasting only a fraction of the usual time. WiFi is off, as is data roaming. Bluetooth is on, but that not a change from past use.

Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Kin Two m charghing problem
RugerRedhawk

These come with a one year warranty right? If the charging port is loose I'd run down to a verizon store before the warranty runs out.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your response.

Its very frustrating not being able to charge your device properly. Was the charging port physically or liquid damaged? If not it may be covered under the manufacturers warranty. Please PM and I would be glad to further troubleshoot with you about your KIN 2M.

0 Likes
ridenm
Joel--
The only damage is normal wear and tear from connecting and disconnecting the USB/Power cord. I would expect the connecter to be robust enough to withstand daily use. Apparently it is not. At home I have to place the phone on my bedside table so that the cord hangs down. This applies enough tension (most of the time) to keep the connection made for charging. But in the car, the vibration and bumps of normal driving cause the tension to change enough that the phone is frequently chiming to let me know it's charging, then it's not, then it is, and so on.

JoeL_VZW wrote:

Thank you to the community for your response.

Its very frustrating not being able to charge your device properly. Was the charging port physically or liquid damaged? If not it may be covered under the manufacturers warranty. Please PM and I would be glad to further troubleshoot with you about your KIN 2M.

0 Likes