Kin Two or Twom?
GML42

Same problem here.  My Kin TwoM stopped working (I could hear callers but they could not hear me) so I purchased what I thought was a Kin TwoM from the internet.  Turns out it was a Kin Two, not an "M".  The phone actually works fine, but the software installed still links you to all of the Kin-related websites (The Spot, Loop, etc) that have been shut down for several years.

Is there really no way to "flash" the phone to upgrade the firmware to the "M" version so that it deletes all of those no longer functional features? 

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Kin Two to Twom?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question GML42!  The KIN TWO features do include the KIN LOOP, KIN SPOT and the KIN STUDIO.  They are unable to be removed, and there isn't a software update to change or remove these features.  Thanks for reaching out to us!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BMC11

Is this phone back in the mix of things? When I had it before, there was no data plan. What is the story now?

0 Likes
GML42

Nope, don't believe its back in the mix.  We just had an out of contract Kin Two that we weren't ready to upgrade yet and when it broke, we bought a used one off of Ebay. 

We have a 75MB/month data plan for it which I think is $10/month.

0 Likes