Kin Two to Twom?
Sepukk75

I recently bought a Kin Two off of amazon under the impression it was a kin twom. I don't consider it that big of a deal but is there any way to switch to kin twom software? Also, when i try to set up my phone using an email address it displays an error about not being able to connect to windows live ID service. Any way to remedy this?

0 Likes
Re: Kin Two to Twom?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Sepukk75,  I want to make sure that the device is setup the way you need it to be!  There is not a way to change the software to make the system recognize the phone as the Kin TwoM.  Have you already activated the phone on your account? Were you provided with options to add a data plan?  Are you setting up a new Windows Live ID or trying to log in with an existing account?  I am eager to hear back from you to confirm your device is up and running properly.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: Kin Two to Twom?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I see two potential problems here: The Kin Two was considered a smartphone and required a data plan, so if you don't have one, that may be why you can't connect. The second problem is all the Kin social networking features associated with the Kin Loop -- including Facebook, Windows Live, Twitter -- were shut down Jan. 31, 2011. So I don't think you can access these services any longer on that phone. There's no way I know of to make it a Kin Two(m). Does the seller accept returns?

0 Likes