Kin TwoM - Increase Ring Duration
ahoyjmai

So when people call me, If I don't pick up in like 7 seconds, the phone registers it as a missed call. Is there a way to increase this ringing duration?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin TwoM - Increase Ring Duration
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can not change the ring time on the phone before the call goes to voicemail. This is standard on all phones and can not be increased. The phone will ring for 30 seconds before going to voicemail.

Also, please keep in mind that if someone calls you and they only let the phone ring for say 7 seconds and then hang up, it will show up as a missed call on your phone since you did not pick up before they decide to end the call. 

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact us back if you need more assistance.

John B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

i don't think can increase the ring duration on the phone itself but if you call verizon customer service i'd think that they'd be able to do it for you.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The default for all verizon phones (including the Kins) is ~30 secs. This isn't a phone issue, cause once the phone dials, it is strictly just another phone call, under Verizon's control. Either the other end has no service, is already in a call and for some reason caller waiting isn't working, or is just rejecting you, or some other Verizon-related issue. So, from the recieving side, it could be you are accidentally rejecting the call, or the caller is cancelling the call shortly after dialing.. Does this happen when you get the call from anyone? If it does, i would contact customer support, like mentioned above. I know my kin has no issues with it, and the call goes for the 30 secs mentioned above, just like my old phone, just like what i would say any verizon phone's call duration is.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can not change the ring time on the phone before the call goes to voicemail. This is standard on all phones and can not be increased. The phone will ring for 30 seconds before going to voicemail.

Also, please keep in mind that if someone calls you and they only let the phone ring for say 7 seconds and then hang up, it will show up as a missed call on your phone since you did not pick up before they decide to end the call. 

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact us back if you need more assistance.

John B

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

did the op mark this as a solution or did the vzw guy?

curious

0 Likes