Kin TwoM Not able to make calls or receive calls
Zman11

I have had my kin twom for about 2 years and all of a sudden I am unable to make calls or receive calls.  The phone goes into a state saying it is calling but never completes the call -- just dead air.  Anyone calling me goes to voicemail. The phone shows 4 bars on  the 3g network.   I am able to receive and send texts and nothing else seems to be a wrong with the phone.  I brought it into a Verizon store and their only suggestion was to get a new phone or try a  hard reset.  After going home I copied manually all my contact information (no backup assistant)  and did a hard reset.  Did not help !!!  Anyone experiencing / experienced this problem ???  Any ideas.

0 Likes
Re: Kin TwoM Not able to make calls or receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Zman11! My goodness, it must be frustrating to be denied the ability to use your phone for it's intended purpose. I do hope that was a temporary issue. However, if this is still occuring, please let me know. I'll need to know your zip code  as well. Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Zman11

Yes I continue to have this problem.  My zip code is 45459.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow Zman11!

It's surprising that you are still having this issue even after a hard reset! We certainly want to do everything we can to get that working. If I may ask, when you make a call, do you get an error message? Can you please try to dial *73 from your phone? This will make sure that any potential call forwarding is canceled on your line. Also, is this every call or just select calls that do not come through to your phone? I checked out the zip code and I do not see any issues in your area. Please get back to us about any improvements. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mshop

I am also running into the same issue, and I have had it at multiple zipcodes while traveling (not a convenient time to have this happening!). I can't make calls, everything shows no phone service right now with the annoying loud 3 beeps of unable to complete call. Tried *73, #bal, voicemail, nothing works. Phone at one point completed a modem update, and I already performed a hard reset. Nothing changes, very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mshop,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I am saddened to see that you are still having trouble! When did your problem begin? Has you phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? How long have you had the device?

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mshop

I also tried *228, reprogramming instructions from Tech Support for authentication, and plugging it in with Zune. All steps failed to get this phone to place a call, however, signal bars shows Verizon network at times up to 5 bars with 3G. I've had it 1 year, problem started on the 21st, no physical or water damage whatsoever. Tech support is looking into it, but could be several days before a response, and they may say it's a device issue and no help provided. It is strange that a full reset does nothing to resolve this, but I was in dire straits with a cancelled flight going out, and another cancelled flight coming back. This didn't serve as the lifeline that I needed at the time to make alternative arrangements, as much as I had expected for reliability in a phone service. Ultimately, I had to conduct things by email and voip internet softphone, which may be the way in the future from now on.

0 Likes
postalgator

My phone has been doing this for months now. I live in 33510 zip code. My phone calls go directly to voice mail when I am out of my area 813. They tried all they could and they sent me a new phone last month. Still will not work when I am out of my area. I can receive emails and text but no calls.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When was the last time you updated your phone's programming to the network? Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wish you didn't have to go through this for the past few months, postalgator. Since we have tried all kinds of things previously, do you know if a resoultion ticket has even been filed for further investigation? It seems as though something else may be going on and I was to get to the bottom of it for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes