Re: Kin TwoM: Review, FAQ, Q&A, troubleshooting, etc.
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think obeythewall   wants to be able to make a different sound for a MMS/SMS text comapred to regular text message. 

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

SMS (short messaging service) is the 'regular' text message, so i'm not quite sure what distinction he is talking about. If you could clarify your question, offthewall, that would be great, sorry if i answered the wrong question.

0 Likes
hbanana

I upgraded Kin ONEm from my old SamSung Flipshot one week ago.  Tested to see if this phone satisfy my several requirements. It satisfied most of them or I found the workaround from this helpful forum posting until this one.

It seems like Kin ONEm mobile browser does not support HTTP BASIC Authentication (With the authentication, you'll see the popup window to ask you username and password) . Instead of asking username and password, it automatically shows "Error 401 Unauthorized: This page is not authorized. " I thought this is supported by most mobile phones by now and it was even supported by my 4-year old SamSung Flipshot. This is bummer!!

I tried to pass username: password between http://  and @hostname: port/..... ..... but it didn't work.

Does anybody know how to simulate to pass username and password from Kin ONEm browser?

I'll appreciate your input in advance since I need to make a decision pretty quickly to keep this phone or not.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

To control which sounds play on your phone from the Settings > Sound screen. Listed below are the different sound settings. 

1. (Vibrate) Turn this setting on to have your phone vibrate as well as play a sound when signaling a call or new message. If you have ringer, voicemail, or messages set to No sound, then your phone won’t vibrate even when this setting is on

SOUND
Control the sound volume or switch your sound profile by pressing the VOLUME + or - buttons.
Control which sounds play on your phone from the Settings > Sound screen:
Vibrate Turn this setting on to have your phone vibrate as well as play a sound when
signaling a call or new message. If you have ringer, voicemail, or messages set to
No sound, then your phone won’t vibrate even when this setting is on.

2.  (Ringer) To set the default sound for an incoming call, tap Ringer and choose from the Sound selector.

--Note: If you’ve assigned a specific sound to a contact, that sound will play rather than the default sound you choose in Sound settings.

3.  (Voicemail)  To set the sound for a new voicemail, tap Voicemail and choose from the Sound selector.

4. (Messages) To set the ringtone for a new text or MMS message, tap Messages and choose from the Sound selector.

5. (Calendar) To set the ringtone for an event reminder, tap Calendar and choose from the Sound selector.

6. (System sounds)  Turn this setting on to hear a sound when you:

• Lock your screen - Makes two knocking sounds when locked.

• Unlock your screen - Makes a swishing sound when unlocked.

• Dial phone numbers using the Dialer - Makes touch-tone DTMF sounds as you

touch each number.

• Attach/remove phone to USB charger or USB cable connected to computer -

Plays four ascending notes when attached; plays four descending notes when

removed.

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

If anyone is interested, I made a Kin TwoM lock screen that basically makes your phone look like a Droid...

I posted it in its own thread at the link below:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN-1-2/Droid-Lock-Screens-For-Your-Kin-TwoM/td-p/516370

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you having this issues with multiple web site or specific ones? If so, what web site are you seeing this error message on? You may try using the mobile version of the website.

Thanks

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Err...did you read my post?

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

BrenHan, i'm pretty sure JohnB is replying to hbanana's post, not yours.

0 Likes
ZuneKinTwomuser

Just wanted to thank you for your review.  Your review sold me on the phone.  It was not a tough decision, but it was not easy to find one.  After a weekend with the phone I am happy, it is a little weird and takes some getting used to but the effort will be worth if it continues to work as well as it has so far.  I love my Zune so I wanted a reason to get one of these and you provided that with your thorough review.

Thank you,

0 Likes
rebelrp

After two weeks, my second Kin TwoM bit the dust. Exact same problem as before. Won't send/receive texts. When I try to check my email it returns to the home screen. Verizon is sending another one. Lucky me, I get to enter in the contacts a THIRD time!:smileymad:

0 Likes