Kin TwoM: Updating modem reset phone

I recently took my Kin TwoM with me on a hike to a remote area with no service. While there I turned my phone on and got a "rebooting modem" message. I left it on to do this, when the process was done it prompted me to enter in a new profile. Then everything on my phone disappeared, pictures, videos, contacts, favorite.

Is there any way at all to restore the old data on my phone. I am extremely annoyed that this happened. 

0 Likes
Re: Kin TwoM: Updating modem reset phone
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sure that was very annoying to find all of your phone's data to be deleted after it rebooted!  Have you synced any of your phone's data to your computer?  Do you have another phone with your contacts stored on it?  If so, you may take both phones to one of our corporate store locations and have them do a phonebook transfer.  Otherwise, the data is not stored in our network, and the data would have been lost.  That is very unfortunate.

Hope I have answered your questions!

0 Likes
dmullig

Weird.  This JUST happened to me as well.  Hard to believe that's a coincidence.  Did Verizon or someone else try to send an update or something?  I don't see anything different, other than all the settings were reset, and all of the contacts, photos, and videos were erased.  I haven't been crazy about the TwoM, and this doesn't help.

Dave.

0 Likes
dmullig

Went to the store, and they transferred the contacts from my old phone over.  Had a little trouble, but he got them there.  So glad I didn't get rid of the old phone!

Back to the original point, does anyone know why the "updating modem reset" happened?

Thanks, Dave.

0 Likes
ArielCNC

This happened to my daughters phone a few days ago - all her pictures and videos from attending a recent concert are GONE, all music, contacts, everything - she's heartbroken, she only got the phone 4 weeks ago today and was madly in love with it. 

Now when we plug it into the computer - nothing, it doesn't show up - and the USB cable has to be held /just so/ for it to actually charge, otherwise it chimes again and again and again as it connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects.

I had the phone briefly before deciding I MUCH preferred my Droid and gave this one to her for her birthday - I'm beyond frustrated that all her data was lost and the phone is glitchy as h*ll, and so soon after purchase, it's literally only left the house about a dozen times, tops.

0 Likes
fredl11

OH BOY!! Mine just started today and it has been over 2 hours.

0 Likes
niko1

my battery may not work

0 Likes
cbjcles

After my kin two m started this modem update stuff, I FINALLY located a post with an 800 number to call Sharp, the makers of the phone (800-237-4277, ask for Technical Assistance). Was told that if the phone is NOT under warranty there is basically nothing cost effictive they can do, buy another phone.

If the phone IS under warranty, send the receipt and the phone to them for repair. Should take 2-3- weeks fron the time they receive the phone.

Address is:

PCD

1616 Motor Parkway

Hauppauge, New York

I am going to try it. If it works, I will try to update this

0 Likes