Re: Kin TwoM WIFI
Plasticman

Have to echo Fisharefriends comments. Have used my Kin wifi at home, Statbucks, Barnes & Noble, and other wifi spots without any problems. Have checked my account info and has not affected my plan minutes at all. I have blocked all data on my account so not incurring any minute usage.

A great site to go to is eboogie.com it provides numerous links to mobile phone friendly web sites that are easy to read.

0 Likes
sdowney717

g compatable mode will be around as long as N router configuration allows it. But It will be gone in the future.

The kin cant pick up a signal outside my house. Inside is ok. Our laptops can connect where the kin cant.

this could be a compromise for battery life, by designing a weaker transmit signal. The software would have been really goofy to show all the networks yet not be allowed signal strength to broadcast.

This has cause some issues where the phone will loose an IP inside my house. One of our routers has a poor signal compared to the other, so use a decent wireless router. Netgear router is strong signal, and a gateway router is weak signal.

I can connect  at mcdonalds BN, inside but not outside etc...

The email manual sync is failing, just tried a manual sync and got nothing.

Just set a favorite page and use the browser for mail.

IMO, the phone firmwarer support has been abandoned for windows phone 7.

0 Likes
sdowney717

another strange router issue involving youtube video.

Our netgear router, the phone can play the video great all over the house.

A verizon wifi router I got from westell verizon seemed pretty good, BUT the phone always gave a cant play video error,

phone would say loading . . . .  then cant play message

browsing was fine.signal strength was fine.

The upstairs gateway router, phone plays youtube video.

another strange router issue. I used to have the netgear setup with DHCP off andit was only an access point.  youtube fine on the laptops. BUT the phone could not play. no message, no loading, just show a black screen for less than a second and back to same youtube page. phone browsing was ok but half the tme, no IP would be assigned..

Reconfigured it with DHCP on and it worked. So something very odd about youtube.

Stuff like this is very frustrating to deal with. And makes me wonder about the software quality on the phone.

0 Likes
sdowney717

another odd phone issue, the browser locks up. It will just show the scrolling stripes across the top, cant do a thing to stop it.

phone  wont go anywhere. The only fix is to pull the battery out and reboot. I have had to pull out the battery 4 times in the 2 weeks I have had this phone. I was thinking this occured when the phone looses its signal from a wireless router and gets confused. Twice it happened when my hand was perhaps blocking the signal by way of how I was holding the phone. Apple iphone also has signal issues if held a certain way.

0 Likes
daarnold82

Another FYI...If you do put the data block on and then go to remove it via the "features" tab, they dont give you the option to do pay per MB, just to buy a $15 data package.  You have to actually call in and talk to a rep

0 Likes
bdcs64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I realize this is an older thread but wanted to clarify ..... Verizon customers have been able to use their America choice plan with Mobile Web 2.0 (5$/month) feature with the Kin TWOm?

I America choice plan with Mobile Web 2.0 (5$/month) and was thinking of getting this phone and actuvating (without switchng plans or getting a new contract).

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Due to the age of this discussion, it will now be locked.>

0 Likes