Kin TwoM problems
Kinkin

Recently, my friend was playing with my phone and deleted everything from my phone.  Since then, my Kin TwoM has been having the following problems:

1. My photo in my messages will only sometimes load.

2. I can enter my email address into my phone, but whenever I try to sync, the following message pops up on my screen:

"Connection Problem

Can't download your messages right now. Try again later."

Are these problems possible to fix without resetting my phone?

0 Likes
Re: Kin TwoM problems
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would open the Wi-Fi settings, select "Forget This Network" and set it up again. 

0 Likes
Kinkin

I just tried that, and I got the same pop-up.

0 Likes
Kinkin

I also want to say that the wi-fi shouldn't be a problem.  Surfing on the browser isn't a problem.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you try deleting and re-adding the email account?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to do a battery pull to reboot the phone. 

0 Likes
Kinkin

I've tried deleting and re-adding the email address a few times. I've even tried adding other email addresses. Nothing works.

Thanks for the ideas, but nothing's worked so far. 

The only other option I can think of is to reset my phone, but I don't want to go through the hassle of adding contacts again.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

When you say 'deleted everything', what exactly do you mean? do you mean he accidentally did a reset? If so, what is the difference from that and you doing a phone reset?

0 Likes
Kinkin

Well, he has no idea what he did, but when he gave me my phone back, I flipped over to my favorite contacts and none of their pictures were there.  I didn't know what he did, so I turned my phone off & back on and then everything in my phone was gone.  All the numbers, pictures, messages, music, everything.  He claims he didn't reset my phone, but he has no idea what he did to my phone, so I don't know if resetting it will make a difference.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Well, when you say everything was wiped from the phone, then i would assume you have nothing to lose by resetting the phone. Just fyi, there are 2 ways to reset the phone. One is the 'reset phone' button in the settings menu, although really wonder why they make it so easy to find, like it would be used a few times during the life of the phone..i've never had a need to reset a phone, and the only time i could think of a good use of the button is when you are done with it and want to recycle it/sell it. The other way that the phone can reset, is if you have a passkey locking the phone. After 10 incorrect tries, the phone will wipe and reset itself (after 8, it warns you about this and requires an additional number sequence; so the manual tells me, at least; i've never tried resetting the phone). This was designed as a security protocol, and seeing how the original phones had everything backed up to an online storage cloud anyways, there wouldn't be much to lose if it was accidentally reset. However, I think its a hassle anytime you need to reset anything; guess microsoft wasn't thinking along the same lines.

0 Likes
Kinkin
This is ridiculous.

Thanks for your input!
0 Likes