Kin TwoM screen doesn't work
hero10555
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sadly my kin's screen no longer works due to a slight three foot drop.  I talked to a sales associate about 2 weeks ago saying I could switch into a terrable phone, Pantech Jest phone but I simply wanted the kin.  She said they were out of stock with the Kin but i am confused because I dont see the Kin on this website.  So my question is will I ever be able to get another Kin TwoM??

Re: Kin TwoM screen doesn't work
wambox

My 1 year old Kin TwoM screen stopped being bright, the screen is there, its just very very dark, no back lighting.  I cant see the screen in the dark, only a little bit with the roon lights on. It didnt drop mine, it just stopped by itself. Verizon what can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@wambox, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to use your phone in the dark if the backlight on the phone is not as bright as it used to be. No worries because I'm here to help.

Have you tried adjusting the backlight brightness manually? You can change the settings on the device to manually set the brightness of the backlight. You just need to turn the Auto -Brightness setting off.  Some times turning the Auto-Brightness off and on will fix the issue.

Try turning the Auto-Brightness setting off for a few seconds. Then power cycle the device and turn the Auto-Brightness back on. If this doesn't help turn the Auto-Brightness off and set it manually.

1. From the Home screen, select Settings

2. Select Screen Lock.

3. Select the Auto-Brightness setting.

4. Turn Auto-Brightness off to manually adjust backlight.

If the above suggestions do not help then we will need to take a look at your account to see what replacement option are available to you. Send me a private message with your name and mobile so I can access your account. If you are under warranty and there is no physical or liquid damage on the phone we can replace the device at no cost. 

0 Likes
kchair

I'm having the same issue with my daughter's phone.  It goes through the booting process when it's turned on... verizon wireless logo, then the series of pictures of people I don't know.. then black.  We do anything on settings because you cannot see anything.  It's literally a black screen.  HELP?!  I have the same phone and my randomly powers off all the time.  I think I may have found a fix through this forum so we'll see. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Im having problems with my KIN TWOM!!! When it is on and I press the top right hand button on the side and make it dark or "sleep", when I try to press the middle button and get the lock screen back up, black just shows up but a light in the back of the phone but no pictures or anything.  When I take the battery out and turn it back on the screen works but when I make it "sleep" (go black) again the screen wont come back on just the light in the back again.  Also when it is dark but with the light in the back, when I hold down the top right hand button on the side I can remember where the little thing that pops up asking if you want to turn off your phone and when I remember where it says turn off phone I press it on the black screen with light in back and it turns off.  It used to just go black and have the light in the back and I would just press the top right hand button on the side again and again until the lock screen came on, but now it wont work!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

0 Likes
Stussy1035

I am having some similar issues with my screen and backlight.  Sometimes when I push the power button to turn the screen off (lock the screen).  Later when I push the power button again to unlock the phone the phone will not unlock no matter how many times I push the power button.  I figured it might be a loose connection with the button, but I noticed when I hold the power button the display and backlight will turn on asking to turn off the phone.  So that tells me there is no loose connection with the button.  Another way that I have been able to unlock the phone is by opening and closing the keyboard slider several times and then eventually the backlight and LCD will turn on.  Another problem that I was having with the display was when I push the power button to unlock the phone the backlight would not turn on, but the LCD display would turn on.  LCD display is very faint because the backlight is not working, but if I hold it up to a light I can see the phone. 

I purchased the phone in feb. 2011 so I am still under warranty so what are my options?  Is it possible to get the Kin TwoM phone repaired?  For a basic phone I really like this phone and would like to get a replacement or have it repaired.  I did see in another post that Sharp is repairing these phones.  Personal Communication Devices (800) 229-1235, 555 Wireless Boulevard, Hauppauge, NY 11788.

I did call tech support and they were going to send me a Pantech Jest Refresh but the features are not similar to the Kin TwoM.  I was also told that if I wanted another phone besides the Pantech Jest Refresh he said since I am still under warranty I can resign a another two year contract but I forgot to ask If I would have to pay for the phone.  So can I get another phone free If I sign for a new two year contract? 

Verizonwireless I need your help before my warranty runs out.

0 Likes
caidentt1

John i have the same problem. I got my phone last July.  My phone light is on the lowest and i can barely see the screen. It says i cant PM you since you need to be my friend or somthing

0 Likes
beachanytime

Stussy1035, I have a similar problem with unlocking the phone. It's quite annoying!!

0 Likes