Kin TwoM- why are long messages split up?
joeyd71

I just got the Kin TwoM, and I noticed that my longer texts are being sent as many separate texts...much like it used to be when an AT&T user would text you a long message. Is there some sort of setting or way around this? Last thing I need is irritating people by being THAT GUY who sends messages like that.

0 Likes
Re: Kin TwoM- why are long messages split up?
Simplify

My phone is only a couple of days old so I've been reading the manual and it states:
Type message to open the text box and type your message. You can type up to 800 characters.
My messages are also being split up when I know I am not doing a hard return and have nowhere near 800 characters.  I'm not sure what's going on here but I'd also like an answer.  I just checked the manual and it clearly states an 800 character allowance.  I wonder if it has something to do with the limitations of the receivers device?  Too bad I can't forward one of "those" broken messages to myself to see.  There is also no copy paste option that I can find so I can paste one in a new message to myself.  Any clues?
I know I've sent messages to a Droid 2 with a 160 character limit so maybe it's not our device at all it just fragments it into the correct character limit for the receiver?

0 Likes
Simplify

It cuts off after 4 lines in portrait (3 in landscape) so if we're texting about 40 characters per line then it's the limitation of the receivers phone, not ours. :smileyvery-happy:  Droids ... With their fancy data plans can't take a screen shot or receive an 800 character text without having it truncated. :smileywink:

I Love my KIN!

0 Likes
Simplify

Quote from a Droid Forum:

when somebody sends me a long text over 160 letters it gets cut off and then i get a second text saying "preceding message was modified to comply with this handset. media objects were moved" how can i change it so i get the wholde message i dont care if its in two texts i just cant stand not knowing the rest of the text.

I suppose the polite thing for us to do would be to limit our texts to 3 lines in landscape (4 in portrait) and just send them an e-mail if we want to say more ... :smileywink:

0 Likes