Kin Twom Questions
Nickw747

Two questions.

1 can you text to an email from the Kin Twom

2 Can you import contacts from a web mail account (windows live, google, etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom Questions
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

1. Go to the applications screen and tap Messages.
  2. Tap New, type the email address  you want to message, and then write your message.
  3. To add a photo or video attachment, tap Attach. You will go to the Camera application  where you can capture a new photo or video, or attach one already saved.
If you have signed up for the service plan that includes the KIN Studio, the data you save on your phone will be backed up and synced to the Studio at KIN.com.

The contacts you create on the phone are automatically backed up (synced) to the Studio.

You can drag contacts and place them into the Studio.  
Backup Assistant
On your phone, navigate to the Favorites Home screen, select All contacts.
On the All Contacts screen, tap Accounts.
Look at the Windows Live option, if it shows a delete option you are signed in, note the email address associated with your Windows Live account and proceed to the next bullet. Otherwise, select Windows Live and then save, to sign in with the credentials used to create your KIN account.
o On your computer, go to verizonwireless.com and log into My Verizon.
o On the My Verizon landing page, select My Contacts then select Continue to Backup Assistant. Contacts icon is on the left side of the page.
o Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list Select All in the upper left to ensure all contacts are displayed, then select.
o Select the drop down settings menu with the gear.
 Select the option to export contacts in “CSV (Outlook)” format, and save the exported .csv file to your computer.
o On your computer, sign in to your Windows Live account at www.live.com. Be sure to use the same username/password you used when configuring your Windows Live.
o Click People in the upper navigation pane. Note that you don’t need to have a Hotmail account for this step, you just need to select All Contacts.
o Select Manage from your top navigation and select the Import option from the drop-down.
o Select Microsoft Outlook (using CSV).
o Navigate to the location of the .csv file that you saved and select Import Contacts.
o Your email contacts will be uploaded to your Windows Live contact list and so will sync to your phone when you are connected to the KIN Service.

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Umm...The Studio is no longer an option on the KIN TWOm. Nor is the spot, or 3g Zune streaming or downoading, or any of the social networking apps that were available on the phone during the 1st release.  Hence the availablitly of the KIN TWOm with out a data plan.

I have seen no way to import contact into this phone. Backup assistant is not even available.

Correct me if I am wrong Noah, but I think that your information is way,way off base.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Dstor is correct ... These features are not available on the M models. The above post would only apply to users who bought the Kin last spring with the smartphone plan. And even then, I believe Microsoft soon may be discontinuing support for the Studio and related features.
0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
To the original poster, I read in a Kin Two review on this site that it wasn't possible to text to an email address. However, even my flip phone in 2006 could do that, and I don't know of any phones that can't. Maybe a Kin owner will step in here and give you a solid answer.
0 Likes
Nickw747

Thanks, does anyone know if the kin twom has an onscreen qwerty keyboard.

0 Likes
dsto

No. Unfortunately it does not have a virtual keyboard

0 Likes
KinUser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noah! Your answer is a classic example of why this phone has done so poorly for Verizon. First of all, you've given very detailed instructions for a procedure that should be a lot easier. My last phone pretty much updated it's own contacts list. And secondly, it's the wrong phone! Verizon / Microsoft has removed all of the features that would make your procedure work. Did you not know that?! While I (we?) appreciate your efforts, it would be great if you and everyone else at Verizon got with the program on this. Could we have you answer the question again please? 

0 Likes
zankster

I just received my Kin TwoM in the mail today. I was just able to send an MMS to my flickr account via an email address. I do not have a data plan and I do not have my WiFi access setup yet on the phone.

I was not able to send the MMS through the contacts app. I have flickr setup as a contact with the email address, but the Kin does not give me the option to send the text through that app.

I had to find the photo and choose to send it. I then had to manually type in the email address that Flickr setup for me to send MMS messages to. It was a pain, but luckily I have a good memory and was able to recall the email address correctly. To send addtitional MMS messages I can go into the messages app, find an old message I sent to flickr and send another photo up to that site. I hope this makes sense.

Basically, it looks like you can't use the contact app to send a text message to an email, but you can create a text message and manually type in the email address. After you do that the first time, you can then find that sent message in the Messages app and send another text message to that email address from their.

If only Microsoft would fix it so that you could send the text message directly from the contacts app instead of using this work-a-round.

Please let me know if this does or doesn't work for you.

0 Likes
Re: Kin Two m Questions
jbellner

I don't know if this has anything to do with anyone's issues or not, but reading the above post reminded me to mention that you also can not forward a txt msg of any kind.  I received a comical holiday FWD from a friends and wanted to share it with another and it is not possible.  Nor is it possible to receive a FWD that contains a picture with motion and I could not hear the sound until I saved it as a ring tone.  Unless I'm doing something wrong..This aspect of this phone really sucks.  I'm with whoever said that my flip phone from 5 years ago could handle the above capabilities...why can't the kin?  Microsoft really needs to get their poop in a group before re-launching a phone with less software capabilities just to market this phone sans data plan.  I hope someone important reads these posts and helps us out.  I'm so frustrated I keep toying with the idea of returning this phone and terminating my renewal.

0 Likes