Kin Twom Screen Flickering?
rholeman57

I've had my Kin Twom for under a year and the screen randomly started flickering. Then the backlight went completely out, and finally the screen died off completely. Any help? The phone still turns on, but the screen just completely doesn't work.

0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom Screen Flickering?
wambox

Your out of luck...

Verizon policy is to carry a phone until alot of people start having issues with the phone, then they discontine the phone.

Mine stopped 6 days after my 1 year warranty ended... funny!

Verizon will only replace this Kin Twom smartphone with a Verizon basic phone. What a policy... Verizon first, verizon customers second...

In July I will switch to another phone company that put customers first!!!!

Good luck!

0 Likes
chinese_secret

My husband has enjoyed having his Kin Twom, until this December when he began experiencing similiar problems with his phone.  It seems like the problem gradually worsened until it could not be used at all.  It began shutting down and rebooting in a continuously loop until it ran itself down.  We attempted to removed the battery, but it started all over again once we turned it back on.  We then purchased a replacement battery as a last effort to resolve the issues - it was a bummed wrap.  Our next step was contact Verizon since we activated the phone in March, less than a year ago.  As "wambox" mentioned before, Verizon no longer carries this phone in inventory to send for replacement.  They carry limited supplies in some stores, but they will not pull them for replacement.  (I think that is POOR customer service.)  So they offer in the Pantech Jest, which is a great phone for your kids, but not a replacement for the Kin Twom, nor adults. The GOOD NEWS is that you can send your phone in for repairs or replacement through the company Sharp contracts to do repairs - at NO COST.  The turnaround time is approximately TWO WEEKS.  I just sent the one we have off before the holidays.  All you need is to call before sending and have the serial # on hand.  They don't require you send the receipt, but ask you to send it with the phone if you have it.  All I did was contact CS to confirm the activation date to include in the letter.  They can contact Verizon to confirmthe purchase date if needed.  In the letter, you will need to include your name, address, and desription of the problem.  Here is the contact info:  Personal Communication Devices (800) 229-1235, 555 Wireless Boulevard, Hauppauge, NY 11788.  Good luck!

For Verizon:  Your customers RELY on your executive decision-makers to make informed choices when selecting reliable cell phones for customer use.  If you select a phone that is not replaceable, there should be more options than trying to stick your customers with the ultimatum of using a KIDDIE phone for the duration of a contract.  And, you have other Kin Twom phones in your stores that you could expedite as a replacement, but you haven't figured out to make that possible, and would rather have them just SITTING ON THE SHELVES versus servicing your existing customers.  What  are you thinking?

0 Likes
Dianne1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with my phone shutting off and fixed it myself. The problem was the spring that keeps the battery in contact with the connections wears out. All I did was put a strip of thin cardboard (or heavy paper) to increase the tension and it has never shut itself off again.

0 Likes