Kin Twom initial setup
Cortney6983
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a Kin Twom and I cant finish the initial set up, When it asks to put in your email it wont go past that part, and it says if i do not complete that part i will have limited access to my phone and also will pop up that part of the phone set up every time I restart my phone. I have most data stuff blocked so i cant get any data fees, I called verizon and they unblocked my data for a few minutes and it still would not take my email... just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with initial set up of the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom initial setup
ouwxguesser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same problem - had a Kin 1m with data blocked (just used wifi/txt messaging, etc.).  I broke that phone, but bought a Kin twom off ebay.   To activate the phone, I disabled all data blocks, however, I am unable to get past the email screen - says service not available just like you get.

I'll add that the problem is if you cancel setup, you end up in a crippled menu mode. Very frustrating - didn't have this issue when I activated the onem last year.

ouwxguesser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll also add that I checked and I can access my email/web via the system outside of the setup - so it appears to be some sort of setup problem. 

0 Likes
Cortney6983
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW! exactly same problem! I had the kin one and it ended up breaking so i got the kin two and i called to see if they would allow me to get online for a moment to get passed the email part thought that would help and it did not help, and yes its the crippled menu that tells you to restart your phone to do setup but I CANT! I love the phone but i am hating this part!

0 Likes
ouwxguesser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Courtney,

Are you certain your phone is twom?   I have discovered that mine was mislabeled and is the original two so it has the older OS on it.  I believe it is trying to use the now dis-functional KIN crap to login initially, hence the failure.  The easy way to tell is whether there is a green spot at the bottom of your screen after you reject the setup and get to the sample menu.  You could also look under the battery at the serial numbers... I think there should be an M somewhere? (My old ONEM had an M). 

0 Likes
Cortney6983
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I do have the green thing at the bottom of the screen, I hope I can figure it out as I got the phone off of ebay and can't return it now, I didn't even know they had M's

0 Likes