Kin Twom settings icon
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having a hard time moving around my settings icon on my Kin Twom's app page...

I move the icon to where I want it to be (left, right, up, down, wherever) then when I restart my phone, the icon moves right back to where it was when I first got my phone. Anyone else having the same problem? I want to move it so that it will be on the very last row on the right side of the app page, but it just won't stay put!!

0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom settings icon
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

No idea what is going on. I actually moved mine to the exact same place you are intending to move yours, and i've never had it 'glitch' back to another spot. I don't know what is going on, all i can suggest is trying to turn your phone off, turn it on, move it to where you want, and make sure you double-tap again to get out of the 'editing' mode (but i'm sure you're already doing this, so i don't know).

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's weird but it only seems to move back when I restart the phone. The display phone at a local verizon store had the same issue. Seems like I'll never be able to shut my phone off??

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

hmm, thats kind of weird. I almost never turn my phone off, so i wouldn't notice a thing like that. I just tested it for you though, and the icons are all in place of where i customized them. Sorry, i don't know what is happening with your phone.

0 Likes
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

never had this issue either.but also never shut my phone off.think in the 2 months i have it,i shut it off once,besides the re starts after changing my colors.are you sure the "apps" screen in locked before shutting off? what i mean is,when you want to rearrange,you do the two finger split to move the icons around,after moving them where you want them,hit the back button to re lock them.maybe you arent doing this and when the phone shuts off,the new locations arent saved.its the only thing i can think of.

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

i moved the icons using the two finger thing and all the icons were locked before the phone was shut off. for some reason the settings button likes to be on the left side of the screen and move to the right after it restarts. called vzw and the tech person said that other people were having issues with it as well so i'm thinking it's a glitch of some sort. i have a habit of shutting my phone off at night but i guess i'll just not shut if off anymore.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon is in general just giving ill-advise to the Kin phones in general..many of their reps don't know the specifics to the phones. Sorry for the inconvenience. To be honest, i can't think of what could be causing it. I don't have that problem, and from what i've read, no one else here does either. It could simply be a defective device and you should file for a warranty replacement. And unlike how it should be, just remember that you probably will know more than the representative you talk with, just know that and be patient with Verizon. If you don't, you'll only get frustrated with them from their lack of cooperation and knowledge.

0 Likes