Kin Twom update problem
spaceinvader32

MY Kin Twom seems to be stuck while "updating modem."  It seems like it is starting up and will go the the screen saying that it is updating for about a minute before it freezes and automatically restarts just to do the same thing.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin Twom update problem
Not applicable

Oops! You won't be able to do this on that screen. Are you still having this issue? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have researched your updating modem issue extensively and was not able to find any users with the same issue.  It sounds like a glitch with your phone for sure.  I would make sure you have your contacts stored in a safe place (there is no backup program on the phone) and master reset the phone.  

Here are the steps:

Tap Erase Phone Data

Tap Settings
Tap About Your phone

If you try these steps and still have issues, please PM me and I will help you further or you can call 866-892-7957.  Please let us know if this fixed your issue as well.  

0 Likes
dalianq91

I cant do that my phone is stuck on the updating modome Don't remove the battery during update???? what do i do???

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oops! You won't be able to do this on that screen. Are you still having this issue? 

0 Likes
Ratchef

Try reading the OP post before replying. I'm having the same problem, the phone never turns on, hence there is no 'option' or screen at all, it simply does not turn on. Here is the sequence of events to simplify it for anyone:

1) Hit power button

2) verizon wirless splash screen loads

3) Updating Modem Screen loads then freezes

4) Phone resets and process begins again.

There is no way to interrupt this. To the OP, I reccommend just taking it to a Verizon store and having a tech there look at it (a corporate store, not an 'authorized dealer').

I attempted removing the battery for a hard reset before turning the phone on and that didn't work. I'll be taking mine in.

And why does your post have 'solved' tagged on it. You didn't solve anything.

0 Likes
fredl11

Mine just started today and tech support has no record of this problem. Guy said he was going to contact SHARP and see if they have an explanation

0 Likes
emisue

I am having the exact same problem with my phone.  I visited a Verizon corporate store, and the representative I spoke to refused to even look at my device, as it's not covered by a warranty.  My internet searches seem fruitless too; many people seem to have experienced this issue, but there never seems to be a resolution.

I don't want to accept that this phone, which was perfectly fine one moment, just up and stopped working.  Has anyone else had any success in resolving this issue?

0 Likes
fredl11

I got lucky and I was still warrantied and they sent a replacement. Did they send you to a second tier tech? He was the one that helped me. He might have more information. They could find no information on thier records of this happening . I did notice that about 3 days in there looked like there might be movement on the status bar. Maybe it just take a long time.

0 Likes
titanjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem happening here. No warrantee.

0 Likes
meauxjeaux

phone stuck updating modem screen then resets itself,again and again and again.

0 Likes