Re: Kin Twom update problem
QueenMuller
Enthusiast - Level 2

You may want to do a factory reset. It clears everything out like it came out of the box...

0 Likes
tslin

I have the same problem "updating MODEM, don't remove the battery during update". I went to a few nearby Verizon stores and they have no idea how to fix it. Instead, they are trying to sell a new phone. I am planning to leave the Verizon from now on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If the previous steps have already been attempted we do have an alternate resolution available. I ask that you follow me (mariac_vzw) and send me a direct message to review your options. 

Thank you

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us at Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
qwerty4242

Add me to the list of people this is happening to. Phone refuses to boot, taking the battery out does no good. All you get is the "updating modem" message, then it resets and repeats.

MariaC, if you have a legitimate solution to this issue, can you please post it here so everyone can see it? Clearly a LOT of Kin owners are having this issue.

0 Likes
Andrew_MN

I am having the same problem all of a sudden.  Could the solution be posted please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi qwerty4242,

The solution offered by KIN is to replace the device under warranty, if still covered. When no longer under warranty, the only option is to contact them (800-237-4277) for repair options. It's been found that Sharp found one of the three processors on the phone to become defective on these devices.

Thanks,

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes