Kin twom - making and emailing video
owlpath

As best as I can determine the only way to record a video so it is saved and attachable to a email it to first go to the email program, click attach, then slide your photos album over to the camera/ video, switch to the video and record and it auto attaches. The problem is if you record a video first, it is saved in the photo album and you can see it and view it, but if you try to email it it does not show in the album to allow attachment.

If you go through the email first and click attach, then take videos, one or several, and they attach and you then discard the email and not sent it, you can come back later and attach them as they are visible in the album so you can pick to attach.

This is obviously bad programming logic as it is normal for a person to take random videos and later decide to sent email them. ie youtube.

Maybe someone knows a trick or method I'm not aware of?

BTW, I have blocked the data via verizon webpage, but I doubt that has anything to do with this. I have received mms photo attached messages with no issues.

0 Likes
Re: Kin twom - making and emailing video
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

wow. i think you found another bug!

after reading this, I tried to send a video MMS but couldn't either.

I can go to message, add video, but it goes to recorder, and no previous taken videos were shown in the "captured".

i guess this phone is a lot tricker than i thought...

0 Likes
owlpath

I'm guessing that when Microsoft reconfigured the Kin to eliminate the loop, spot and whatever they changed in the software, they failed to make sure the logical function of the video program worked correctly. I suspect  that Microsoft will never update or fix any bugs on this phone as they are probably concentrating on their new windows phone. After their first release of the Kin and its fiasco, they are probable just trying to cut their losses and get rid of back inventory so they can try to compete with their new full featured smart  phone. That said, I probable will keep this phone and deal with the miscellaneous quirks, as I don't want a data  plan and the wifi works nicely. If they do release a software update, that would be iceing on the cake.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Before this was posted, i used to believe it was possible. I know you cannot send HD (720P) videos, but you can send 'email quality' videos. However, it seems they did not allow you to select the video without opening it in zune player. You can press 'share' right after you take the video, but i doubt that is what you want. So..in a short sense, you can't send videos by mms/email unless you take it on the spot. Yet, another bug.

0 Likes
toddmare

I didn't have any problem emailing video I shot from a day earlier.  I started my email message, hit attach then just selected the video I took.  Emailed two of them no problem

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

emailing them seems fine (as long as it isn't in hd quality). But the problem is, you can't attach the videos in multimedia messages, except for live-shot videos (you can't attach videos you've taken in the past..which 95% of the time is what you would want to send).

0 Likes
owlpath

Ok based on the informative comments on this thread, I have discovered that you can take a video and sent it by email after the fact. You just have to recored it with the setting set to email quality. If you do that it shows up in the captured album so you can attach it. Before, I had been taking all my videos at the highest quality settings and thus it would not show up to allow attachment.

At least one can send a video made at lesser quality after it has been taken. I believe that the email program will only send "email quality" too, as best as I can tell with my limited testing.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

owlpath, you are absolutely correct. With the KIN (M) devices you can send a video message through email (with the setting on "set to email quality). Messages sent through the message option can only send a real-time video. 

0 Likes