Kin twom startup
Sepukk

So i started up my kin today, and it started up fine, but when it finished, is said that i must call *228 for something, then shut off, said it was updating my modem, and would show the verizon symbol, update my modem, verizon symbol, etc. That went on for a while, and now it is just sitting here with a VERY dim screen showing the verizon logo. What should I do?

0 Likes
Re: Kin twom startup
Not applicable

Sepukk,

Good morning! I'm happy to help out here. I know an update can be frustrating. I want to first ask if this is still occurring? At times an update can take 5-10 minutes, maybe longer depending on the network connection and size of update. Short of removing the battery to force the update to stop, there is not much to reboot the Kin TwoM. Of course, its not typically recommended a battery be pulled during any software update. If this issue is continuing please send me a private message so I can assist further.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Kin twom startup
Kintwofan
Enthusiast - Level 3
Is there an update out for the KIN? That's the only way your response makes since and last I heard there are not going to be any updates EVER (shame could be a great phone). What happened is his phone is broke. Try to reset the phone, but you will lose all your data on the phone(probably gone anyways). If not go to Verizon and get the phone replaced, but I was told they don't have anymore so find a phone you like to get instead.
0 Likes