Kin twom troubleshooting question
gooseberries

When someone calls me, I can hear them, but they can't hear me.  Same thing if I make a phone call, person on other end can't hear me.  I'm guessing it might be a microphone problem on my phone?  If so, is there anything I can do about it? Or does anyone have any ideas what my problem might be?

0 Likes
Re: Kin twom troubleshooting question
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello gooseberries,

I know how upsetting it can be to not be able to get any outbound audio on your calls.  Does the phone react differently when on speakerphone or when attached to a headset?  Have you attempted pulling the battery and reinserting?  Is there any apparent physical or water damage to the device?  I would certainly like to troubleshoot this concern further to find a solution and look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
ltw

Yes, I have taken battery out and reinserted it, but no luck.  Doesn't do anything on speaker either.  THe mute button is not on either.  No apparent damage of any kind, although I will admit the phone has been dropped in the past, but it  has been awhile, and phone worked fine after dropping.  This just happened out of the blue.  I don't have a headset, so haven't checked that.  Thanks for getting back to me. 

0 Likes
aquinas865

My daughter had the same problem and the phone is only a month old. We got it to work by putting headphones in the headphone jack and I can now hear her--but this is the only way it will work.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello aquinas865,

I know this situation can be a bit irritating for your daughter and you as well.  Is your daughter able to hear if the speakerphone is on?  If so, and she is still unable to hear without the headset please PM me your name and her mobile number so I may further assist.  Thank you.  

0 Likes