Kin2 Restarts every minute
bryan_coo

I got a Kin2 a month ago and it was great until last night.  It started turning off and restarting literally every minute.  I've tried making calls as soon as it comes back on and after a minute it shuts off then restarts. 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin2 Restarts every minute
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

shlhu,

A phone that restarts when its not suppose to would be very annoying and frustrating.  I will be happy to assist and make sure we get this resolved for you!  

There are a few things I would like to try, such as removing and reinserting the battery.  If that doesn't solve the issue, I would even like to try a Master Reset to possibly clear any corrupt data on the phone that would be causing it to power cycle.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to doing the Master Reset.  To perform the Master Reset, you would tap Settings > tap About Your Phone > tap Erase Phone Data.  

If you are still experiencing the resetting after the Master Reset I can see if your device is still covered under the manufacturer's warranty for replacement.

Let me know how this works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

No clue what is going on. Other than the possibility that hte battery is having issues, or is nearly dead and it is running out of power to keep the phone off. Or if the battery connection is loose, but i don't see this being the case because the battery enclosures ont he kins seem pretty well designed and don't allow for the 'phantom turn offs' that some other phones experience.

0 Likes
bethm

this is happening to my daughter's phone too.

and it is not turning on at convenient times either...it's happened at school and also during a play. ... times when phones are required to be off!

please advise

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

If i is restarting itself, it is a pretty serious issue and i think htere is a problem with your specific device. I would suggest bringing it into a store and asking for a warranty replacement (or do it online/over the phone, but instore is much easier in my mind). yes, it is a little bit of a hassle, but having a phone restart continuously really is a big problem.

0 Likes
shlhu

Has there been any updates as to what verizon is able to do about this? I've been having this problem as well and I was able to find a way around it, but every time the phone turns off, the problem comes back, and is rather an annoyance.

What would I be able to do with warranty replacements? It seems other kins may have similar issues, would I be able to get a refund/get a different phone?

0 Likes
lauradip

I have this problem among others with this phone.  I just have to sy that this phone is by far the worst phone I've ever had. 

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

shlhu,

A phone that restarts when its not suppose to would be very annoying and frustrating.  I will be happy to assist and make sure we get this resolved for you!  

There are a few things I would like to try, such as removing and reinserting the battery.  If that doesn't solve the issue, I would even like to try a Master Reset to possibly clear any corrupt data on the phone that would be causing it to power cycle.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to doing the Master Reset.  To perform the Master Reset, you would tap Settings > tap About Your Phone > tap Erase Phone Data.  

If you are still experiencing the resetting after the Master Reset I can see if your device is still covered under the manufacturer's warranty for replacement.

Let me know how this works for you!

0 Likes
mjjpower

I see that the original post was from quite a while ago but my daughter was interested in getting this phone and had a difficult time even getting someone at the Verizon store to show it to her.  We were told it has a 100% return rate and there would be a $35 restocking fee when we decided to return it.  Apparently there are tons of problems with this phone?  I find it odd that Verizon would even continue to offer a substandard product to their valued customers. 

0 Likes