Kin2 "Updating Modem"
wbwiggy

My son's Kin2 continues to show "updating modem" when the phone is powered up.  Removing the battery and "hard" rebooting is not solving the issue.  It is under warranty.

What replacement options do we have?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin2 "Updating Modem"
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You could try a factory reset of the phone. This will wipe everything and put it back to its out-of-the-box settings. First, back up all your photos and videos to Zune so you don't lose anything. You may have to manually re-enter all your contacts though, since Backup Assistant doesn't work with the Kin devices (but you would have to do this with a replacement device too).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
breedond

Same problem for me, have tried everything I could think of. Can't call technical support, because the phone does not work.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You could try a factory reset of the phone. This will wipe everything and put it back to its out-of-the-box settings. First, back up all your photos and videos to Zune so you don't lose anything. You may have to manually re-enter all your contacts though, since Backup Assistant doesn't work with the Kin devices (but you would have to do this with a replacement device too).

0 Likes
joxr

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. "Updating Modem" and then it would cycle but not boot up. Battery was getting hot so I removed it after 6 hours on this cycle. It would never re-boot and all I ever got was the Verizon start logo. I called tech but they will not take it in after 1 year. I tried the toll free number for Sharp provided by the tech but it is no longer in service. I had to replace the phone. I got a pretty good deal on a certified pre-owned LG but it is not my KIN 2M that I really liked. There were issues with the phones and it needed updates but it was a great option to a smart phone.

0 Likes
titanjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is now doing the same.

I get this "updating modem" followed by it shutting off, restarting, giving me the Verizon logo, only to return to the "updating modem". Very frustrating.

Of course, I'm out of warrantee as well.

0 Likes