KinTwom with Plantronics Voyager Pro+ bluetooth
covcreek

Has anyone had success using the Voyager Pro+ with their KinTwom?  I got one, paired it and used it for the day.  The next day the audio would not switch to the Kin.  I called Plantronics and went through their suggested routine which included turning the phone off, removing the battery for several minutes, replacing it and then repairing the devices.  This worked until I turned the bluetooth off.  When I turned it back on, same thing, the call did not transfer to the bluetooth.

I returned the Voyager Pro+ and got another one as I thought the bluetooth must be defective.  The new device never did pickup a call after pairing.  So now I'm thinking that the problem is the Kin.

Please let me know if you're using any other bluetooth successfully with the Kin b/c I'll return the Voyager and get a different one.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: KinTwom with Plantronics Voyager Pro+ bluetooth
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I used Rocketfish Bluetooth headphones and it paired well. Only tried once though, so I can't speak to long-term success. Good luck finding something you like!
0 Likes
Re: KinTwom with Plantronics Voyager Pro+ bluetooth
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

After checking with Plantronics, I am showing that the bluetooth device is compatible with your device. Here is a link as you may be able to provide information needed to sync the devices together:

http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/easytopair/#/voyager-pro-plus

0 Likes
Re: KinTwom with Plantronics Voyager Pro+ Bluetooth
fredl11

I have the Kin One and am having problems with Bluetooth.

My problem is dialing out.! So far I have yet to find a car kit that lets me Voice dial a phone call. I receive calls with no problem but in order to make a call I need to access the phone and place the call from the Kin  (Kind of defeats Hands Free)

The only one that lets me dial out is my Factory Bluetooth in my car and that might be because I can store phone numbers there.

I've have e-mails out to different companies asking what can be done but have yet to hear from any of them.

I see where Verizon says the Planetronics K100 is compatible but I'm 90% sure it will not allow outgoing calls. I spoke to Support at Planetronics but I did not have a good feeling he knew what I was trying to explain, BUT he did say that if the Kin One will not allow voice dialing it probably will not work. :smileysad:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The Kin devices do not offer the voice-activated dialing feature, so that's why. I believe the only thing you can do with Bluetooth on the Kin is listen to music. Maybe you can answer calls, but I'm not sure ... anyone here try that?

0 Likes
fredl11

I have no problem answering calls on any of my units. In the Pontiac with Factory Bluetooth I can dial out and receive, with my Garmin 1490T I was able to create a Phone catageory under Favorites and can dial out from there BUT with the Motorola T505 I actually have to use the Kin to call and then the 505 takes over.

What I think might be possible is that BT car Kits that have their own phone book will be able to make the Kin Hands Free. On possibility is the  NoiseHush N650 Solar Bluetooth Car Kit. It has it's own phone book.  I'm waiting for a response from them.

0 Likes