Kinm One Setup - Cannot connect to Windows Live Messenger
tianna67

Hi all - hoping you can help before I have to go to a Verizon store.  I just bought a Kinm One and when I try to go through set up it says I have a connection problem and cant reach the Windows Live ID service.  I have turned the phone off and on again yet I still get this message. 

Any words of advice?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Kinm One Setup - Cannot connect to Windows Live Messenger
Atomikevans
I am having the same issue with a Kin 2. I spoke with VZW tech support and have tried to complete the set up with no luck. Does anyone know of a way around setting up the kin.com feature that will allow me to gain access to all of the features of the phone?

Thanks

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon!  

tianna67, I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to set up your device and Windows Live account(s).  I see this issue was posted on September 26, has this been resolved?  There was a technical issue with Windows; however, this has been resolved.  Since the error code was not provided, please select the following link to the Windows website to troubleshoot your specific issue.  Microsoft Support

Atomikevans, I can certainly assist you with your device set-up; however, I will need to access your account to verify the correct account settings and features.  Please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to personally  assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
kfanara

I am also having the same issue with my Kin 2m. When trying to perform initial set up the phone prompts you to enter a hotmail or windows live logon. I do this and get an error message; CONNECTION PROBLEM" Can't reach the windows live id service right now. If you cancel set up you will have limited use of your phone. Setup will continue the next time you turn on your phone." There is no error message code and I know it is not my email because I was able to sync the phone up to my hotmail account already.

Any help out there?  I've seen some other posts in other places and it was a tough luck answer but am hoping there is some solution.

0 Likes
newmans0

I am also having this same problem on my Microsoft KinTwoM I just purchased.  If you figure out how to get this resolved please contact me.  Thank you.

0 Likes