Latest firmware version to date for the Kin TWOm.
gustin_tv

What is the latest firmware to date for the Kin TWOm? I understand that there may not have been an update in a long time, if any for that matter, but I wanted to check in with what the latest firmware is if anyone here was sure. Then at least we'll all be on the same page about it & update if necessary. 

Thank you! 

I believe, to check, it's under SETTINGS > ABOUT YOUR PHONE 

Looking under "Software version" I think. Mine reads "1.0.1 (4704.0) 

0 Likes
Re: Latest firmware version to date for the Kin TWOm.
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gustin_tv,

I appreciate your willingness to stay informed about the current software for your device. You are correct on the steps to check the software version.   Here is the latest available software: AP 4704 / Modem 0.4.727.  Based on your description you have the most current version.  I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

We just received word on facebook that a new version exists with 1.10.  Can we get a clarification on this? He even has a picture to prove it!  His firmare version says 1.10 (4704.8).  My version is exaclty what is listed above, 1.01 (4704.0). How do I get the newest version of the firmware???

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Daveman80 wrote:

We just received word on facebook that a new version exists with 1.10.  Can we get a clarification on this? He even has a picture to prove it!  His firmare version says 1.10 (4704.8).  My version is exaclty what is listed above, 1.01 (4704.0). How do I get the newest version of the firmware???

Hi Daveman80,

I have checked my resources and I learned that Verizon Wireless has not released a software update for the Kin TwoM. The latest software available for this device is the one you currently have in your phone. Please note that some customers install unapproved Beta software updates on their phones at their own risk. The post you saw on Facebook most likely includes pictures of unapproved software update.

Please be assured that we will push any approved software updates to your phone when provided by the manufacturer.

0 Likes