My Kin OneM says it can't connect to the windows live Id center
kkbrummund
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I got a Kin Onem last week, and when I turn it on.. It tells me to set up my KIN acount when I try By Putting in my WIndows Live ID email it comes up and says..  :CONNECTION PROBLEM. CAN'T REACH THE WINDOWS LIVE ID SERVICE RIGHT NOW IF YOU CANCEL THE SETUP YOU WILL HAVE LIMITED USE OF YOUR PHONE SET UP WILL CONTINUE THE NEXT TIME YOU TURN ON YOUR PHONE"

I've called in Multiple times to get this resolved and one verizon Rep told me to google it.. and that he couldn't help because it's a dead technology .. uh.. if that's the case why are you still selling the phone??

I can't get it to fully set up and I can't use all the functions of the phone if that was the case I wouldn't have bought it out right in the first place!!! No one seem's to know whats going on with this phone or how to fix this situation.

I just want to use my phone and not have to set it up and cancel the set up EVERY SINGLE TIME i turn the phone on!!! 

I've spent a total of 4 hours on the line with Verizon Reps trying to figure this out.   I have a data block on the phone.. but The first time We tried to troubleshoot it we took the block off and tried that so that's not the case.

it's connected to WiFi and I can use the browser To go online, but I can't use the Applications such as facebook Twitter Gmail ect.

Please help it's driving me insane!! :--)

0 Likes
Re: My Kin OneM says it can't connect to the windows live Id center
Not applicable

KKbrummund, thank you for sharing your concerns about your Kin device. I understand that it can be frustrating having these issues with a new device. At this point, since the phone is able to access internet, but just can't connect to Windows Live, there may be a problem in the phone itself. We can submit a trouble ticket to our network team to see if there are any network issues causing this. Also, if you are within your 14 day worry free guarantee (this may be different for some indirect agent locations) you may want to try exchanging your device.

Please let me know what option you decide to take. If you are past the worry free guarantee or have had the phone exchanged already, I can submit the trouble ticket for you.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kkbrummund
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes please Submit a ticket on it.. I've bought ANOTHER ONE because i was told by your ADVANCED  tech support people that it was the phone well .. It wasn't that one doesn't work either.. then I was told it's Microsofts fault... then I was told to contact sharp.. Sharp says it's you guys..

CAN ANYONE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for this phone NOT WORKING!! two of them now with the same Issue!!!

kkbrummund
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I'm past the worry free thing as I've just bought the phones out right because I'm still in Contract.

so Huge waste of my money.

0 Likes
Not applicable

KKbrummund, please send me a direct message with your name and mobile number so that I can assist. Also, if you bought the phones from VZW, you have a 14 day worry free guarantee whether you buy the phone at full retail or discount. Indirect agents may have different return policies.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
apasphalt

I am also having the same problem with my phone.  I sent one back already and got another one...same thing.  Were you able to get it fixed?

0 Likes
thomash97

Hey, I need some help too.

0 Likes
dreadree

I just purchased this phone and am having exactly the same problem. Because I can't link to the kin network, I can't sync my email or social networks. Does anyone have an answer to this issue yet? I purchased my phone from eBay however, that doesn't seem to be the issue if you are having problems with phones purchased from Verizon. When I look for kin.com, it doesn't even seem to exist anymore. Very frustrating!!

0 Likes
Dragonfly71

Can you please let me know what you found out? Has this problem been resolved? I just bought a Kin OneM and I am having the same problem. I bought it off ebay...they've offered 2 exchange or refund, but I think I will like this phone if this issue can be figured out.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Dragonfly71

I would like an update please. Were you able to solve this problem? I am having the same problem as Kkbrummond.

Thank you.

0 Likes