No timestamp on text messages?
VWC650
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard that you can't time stamp text messages.  Is this true?

Re: No timestamp on text messages?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

VWC650 wrote:

I heard that you can't time stamp text messages.  Is this true?

I believe it is true, you cannot time stamp texts.  You could always manually enter the time & date in the body of the message.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Aren't text messages automatically time stamped? Each message I receive has the date and time on it, and I can also go into the message properties and view the date and time - both sent and received messages. So there are two ways directly on the phone itself.
0 Likes
VWC650
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh yes, sorry for the miscommunication.

I meant does the phone tell me what time I got messages, not if my outgoing messages have a timestamp.

It looks like the phone does have the ability to organize by time.  Thanks!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can organize by time received, and also look at the message itself--mine show the time and date received at the bottom of the message. I can also go into Options, Message info and see the timestamp for each message.
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The kin twom only has threaded messages, not sort by date (the standard format). However, they do have time stamps. You have the messages sorted by contact, but they do have time stamps next to them (date, time). I don't know if you currently own a kin or are just shopping around, my assumption is that you are looking into the kin atm, but it goes by menus.

First, you have the contact name/number. You click on them indivudually, and hten it opens the threaded message list. By each message (in small text, either above or below, i forget which and my phone is off right now), there will be the time and date. If more than 1 message was sent/recieved the same minute, the timestamp will only be listed with the top message of that sequence. Think..instant messaging format (that was more the audience-draw this phone was designed for originally).

Also, within the threaded messages, they include the call log between the parties. At first, i found this annoying, but that was more because i wasn't used to it. Now i think it is great that you can see calls made and recieved from within the same menu. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

suzy, you say you can sort by time received? i can't seem to figure out how to do that, could you explain? And i can't find message details anywhere, are you a kin twom owner or talking about verizon phones in general? Yes, usually phones have those details, but the kin twom doesn't as far as i know, that is one of the more 'significant' software flaws of the phone. That seems to be why people (me included) can't figure out how to delete individual messages rather than the entire conversation.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

fisharefriends wrote:

... are you a kin twom owner or talking about verizon phones in general? Yes, usually phones have those details, but the kin twom doesn't as far as i know, that is one of the more 'significant' software flaws of the phone. That seems to be why people (me included) can't figure out how to delete individual messages rather than the entire conversation.

:smileysad:  I was speaking of cell phones in general, and I am finding out that the Kin Two m (not sure about the one m) is lacking in some features, as you said - things I "assume" would work simply DON'T on the Kin two m. 

I'll be quiet now, and just read and learn. 

0 Likes
Kara812

Were you able to find a way to include a time stamp on every text? I am having the same issue.

0 Likes