Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Ok, I got my first bill....
SKBO0209

....and I was charged for emailing ringtones to my phone.  I know that when you download a ringtone to your phone using zune, it places the ringtone with your music.  I have been emailing the ringtone to myself using the phone #@vzwpix.com.  Apparently I was charged for this.  Is there a way to put ringtones on your phone without being charged?  Also, I think I was charged for sending pictures to my wifes phone using my phone.  Is there a way to not be charged for this?

0 Likes
Re: Ok, I got my first bill....
lewisr13
Champion

It sounds as if you do not have a texting plan. If not, you will be charged, both are considered texts.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor

What lewis said. You aren't charged for the fact that it is a ringtone, you aren't charged data either. However, it sounds like you don't have a multimedia messaging plan. This by default comes with the unlimited texting plan, but if you don't have MMS covered, then they are $.50/text. Just do note though, that you can attach more than 1 sound file to that email, and then get 4 or 5 ringtones, with 1 multimedia message (i'm not sure what the cap is, but i know at least 4 is possible).

I don't know of any other ways to transfer ringtones to the phone, other than through MMS.

0 Likes
Limestone

Didn't realize it was $0.50 per email. I thought it would have been $0.20, per the text message cost.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor

It isn't a text message, it is a multimedia message (picture, video, sound), which costs $.50/text.  Also, by default, the address ###@vzwpix.com is a multimedia message; if you want to email a text message (where you can't have sound, video, or pictures; i'm pretty sure if you do attach them, they'll either automatically be removed, or it will automatically convert it to an MMS), the regular text message ($.20/txt) is to ###@vtext.com.

0 Likes