POP3 email account (TO: search contacts)
SteveGmanPA

Does anyone know how to search contacts from POP3 account when writing a new message before you type any email address in it says search contacts.  I was hoping the email address book I have setup on my pop3 account would be searched or even a "global" list.  I have contacts setup in Verizon email net mail which I exported from backup assistant and then imported into Verizon email address book.  guess the address book is locally saved somewhere once you send a few emails it saves those addresses and you can search?

0 Likes
Re: POP3 email account (TO: search contacts)
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

With backup assist, this would be possible, because that application links verizon's contact storage with your phone, but unfortunately backup assist doesn't work with these phones.

0 Likes
Re: POP3 email account (TO: search contacts)
SteveGmanPA

must have emails in the Kin Contacts for the "search contacts" to work.  Once I had a few email contacts in, they were listed below so it only pulls local contacts from the kin contacts not a search.

I used the broswer thru wifi and was able to go to verizon email address book on verizon.net and click on phone numbers of contacts which imports only the phone number and puts the contact at the top of contact list as "new contact" so you can't import names and numbers together this way either.

I really wish there was a "back" and "next" button in the broswer for scrolling thru contact list html pages 

0 Likes