Phone data erased
vballisfierce

My cousin took my phone and tried to guess the password in too many times. Thinking that he would only lock me out of my phone for five minutes, he kept on entering wrong passwords. I tried to explain to him that my phone data would be erased but it was too late. Now everything in my phone is gone, including contacts and pictures. Is there any way that I can recover the data?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone data erased
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I have referred to the User's Manual of the Kin Two in order to verify this information for you. I found that after eight incorrect attempts at typing your PIN, you are prompted to type a specific number to continue trying. If you type an incorrect PIN a total of ten times, the data on your phone will be erased (but you will be warned after the ninth attempt). He may not have understood the warning at the time.

I am sorry but the data is gone, due to the feature on this particular phone. You are able to check your online account for the numbers you make calls to and receive calls from, for the last 12 months. You are also able to check your messaging details as well, for the last 6 months.

If you have sent any of the pictures to family or friends, or even your home email, they can be sent back to your device. You can retrieve them that way. I do understand your frustration and I wish there was more I could do for you. 

Thank you and have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I have referred to the User's Manual of the Kin Two in order to verify this information for you. I found that after eight incorrect attempts at typing your PIN, you are prompted to type a specific number to continue trying. If you type an incorrect PIN a total of ten times, the data on your phone will be erased (but you will be warned after the ninth attempt). He may not have understood the warning at the time.

I am sorry but the data is gone, due to the feature on this particular phone. You are able to check your online account for the numbers you make calls to and receive calls from, for the last 12 months. You are also able to check your messaging details as well, for the last 6 months.

If you have sent any of the pictures to family or friends, or even your home email, they can be sent back to your device. You can retrieve them that way. I do understand your frustration and I wish there was more I could do for you. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes
Kintwofan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your pictures may be saved to your home computer if you have ever connected your kin thru the zune software. The default setting is that when you hook the phone up and the kin software launches it automatically syncs any pictures, videos, and also purchased music to your computer. Check the my pictures folder for either a folder named "zune" or "Imported on <there'll be a date here>". Hope you at least have your pictures!

0 Likes