Pictures do not sync for Kin twom to Zune software
jpc08109

I have have this kin twom for a bout two weeks now and after taking a couple of pictures I tried to sync with the Zune software(which I don't like at all) and where the pictures were supposed to be were only black boxes and will not show up on Zune although the videos do, but not the pictures. What am I doing wrong

0 Likes
Re: Pictures do not sync for Kin twom to Zune software
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi jpc08109, 

Congratulations on you new KIN! I understand the importance of syncing and sharing you photos.  It's unfortunate that you dislike the Zune software.  I have attached a link that will help you ensure you are syncing the pictures properly: Sync Media.  I hope this resolves you issue, if not please reach out to me for additional assistance,

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
goofy173

I have exactly the same problem. Tried what you suggested, but that's already what I do.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/zunex.jpg/

For some reason I cannot post the image but the above link will show you what my screen looks like. I can select them and delete them, but auto or manual sync, while it shows it transfering, it really doesn't.

Videos and music sync just fine. I can even transfer large HD videos.

When I look at some errors in Zune about picture transfers it shows this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/zune2e.jpg/

0 Likes
Not applicable

Morning!

It's fantastic that the guides we provide have been used, unfortunately it seems we will need Zune support for the resolution.

For further troubleshooting regarding Zune and Kin, you can find all the support info here. Zune support can be contacted at 888-863-1694, as well.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else having problems with their pics not showing up in Zune? I installed Zune on 4 different computers that run Windows 7 and XP; 2 at work and 2 at home and no pics.

0 Likes
jirattnet

Seems that photo editing software can reset system defaults for .jpg files in the registry. The following solved the problem for me. Be sure to export the registry to a file on your hard drive before making changes.

1. Click Start , and then click All Programs.
  2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg     ===>(note: that's .jpg - I mistakenly looked for jpg without the dot and couldn't find it)

5. In the right-hand pane, double-click (Default).
  6. In the Value data box, enter jpegfile and then click OK.
  7. Exit Registry Editor.
  8. Try to sync a photo\video taken with the phone
0 Likes