Please List your Router and state whether it works or not
Simplify

A lot of people are having a problem using wi-fi.  Let's help them out by listing our Router and stating whether it works or not.  It is my understanding that this device will only connect to 802.11 b/g even though it is not stated in the manual.  It is listed as a Key Feature at amazon and their is no mention of 802.11n.

Can we rule this out by everyone participating so we can prove this one way or the other?  If it's true then that's sad because wifi is one of the main reason to get this device.  

I'll go first:

Airport Extreme 802.11g Yes, My KIN TWOm gets wi-fi with no problem

0 Likes
Re: Please List your Router and state whether it works or not
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614v9.

Works fine with my KIN TWOm, although the range is a little greater with my iPad.

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Netgear N300 Wireless Router -- WNR-2000

The phone finds the network, but won't connect to it. 

As noted in my previous post, the phone connects fine to my Netgear G router at home.  N routers are supposed to be able to talk to both G and N devices.  So at this point, I don't know if the problem is G vs N, or WPA vs WPA2.

0 Likes
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz broadband router works great.

I had that problem first at the airport for public access when everyone else was able to log on, then at work where we offer public access. 

Then I found that after I cleared all history, temp files, and cookies in settings, voila, I could log on. 

Give that a try.

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

I previously reported that I couldn't connect to a Netgear N300 router.  However, by tweaking one of the router settings, I can connect to it now and it works great.

For more details, see my post dated 7/27 on the second page of the topic, "Kin twom Wi-Fi not working... really frustrated"

0 Likes
bryanhill

Netgear WG602    v4

Works great and range is unexpectedly great as well!!

Sidenote: It has worked everytime I have tried to use it on other various networks...(free wifi)

0 Likes
BruceG

ATT 2Wire wireless router:  No issues 

0 Likes
ftkatyowser

Belkin n150: works, so long as the wireless mode is set to 802.11g

0 Likes