Please put GPS (Geotag) back to KIN ONEm and TWOm.
R52conv

When I ordered KINs (right after Verizon announced the ONEm and TWOm), the specification page listed the GPS as one of its feature. I see current page stated that there is no Geotag as a part of "Video" feature.

Now my question/feature request to Verizon here is to put geotag feature back to ONEm/TWOm. This should not be any service involved feature like Loop support or social network support (Facebook). I still believe the hardware is exact same between ONE/TWO and ONEm/TWOm, which means ONEm/TWOm consumes very little but certain battery power to the GPS chip. So I would like to enable that feature as is. Can either Verizon or Microsoft re-enable "LOCATION" feature in GLOBAL SETTINGS so that I can get geotag info into captured pictures?

0 Likes
Re: Please put GPS (Geotag) back to KIN ONEm and TWOm.
sw_girl
Enthusiast - Level 3

unfortunately, it's not up to verizon to add features to this phone, it's up to microsoft. they are the ones who created & support the phone's operating system.

it is unlikely that they will improve anything on this phone. they re-released the kin as feature phones so they could get rid of their invenory. once they're sold out, they won't have any more manufactured.

microsoft is only offering minimal support  to help customers keep the phone up and running for a few years, but I doubt they'll add any new features to it.

sorry!

0 Likes
Re: Please put GPS (Geotag) back to KIN ONEm and TWOm.
August03
Contributor - Level 3

As a part of our WFG (Worry Free Guarantee) if you have had your phone less than 30 days, you can return your device for different model phone. There is a $35 dollar restocking fee for returned devices.

0 Likes