Re: Problem getting WiFi to accept my password
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't necessarily have a solution, but this info might help.  First off, I have two kin phones, my TWOm and my wifes ONEm.  I couldn't get either to connect to our router using WEP, so I changed it to WPA2.  Both then connected just fine initially.  The next day only hers was able to connect.  But after "forgetting" the network and adding again it worked fine.

Being that you know quite a bit about networking you could find this useful:

Open the phone app

Type ##PROGRAMNITT (##77647266488)

Enter 000000

You might be able to configure the settings more accurately from here.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
haidong

I have Dlink, I tried all that you did. None of them work.

Then I tried one thing , in the Dlink router control menu, choose DHCP in the left menu. In the right windows, choose static DHCP and clone your cellphone MAC address  and give the name, then apply. You will find out that your phone could browse internet.

0 Likes
seebonbon

Yep, I think wi-fi is just a lil faulty in general for the Kin Twom.

I'm on Day 5 of owning the phone and I've had to reset my router (turn off and on the router) TWICE already, in order for the Kin to see the router.

Still falling in love with the Kin, though. I have my ipod touch to crazy browse online.

0 Likes
seebonbon

Hi Pam!

I also have an ipod touch, which connects fine with the router (a Belkin N). My Kin Twom, however, is not consistent, as far as connecting with our home wifi. For example, I would be connected, the wifi icon shows good reception, but the page won't load. Tried re-entering password, renewing lease, etc. (even though the ipod touch was still connected fine).

The only thing that worked  and got my Kin to finally work with the home wi-fi was to reboot the router. I turned off the router and let it rest for a minute or two (which is a good thing to do, anyway) and turned it back on. Afterwards, my Kin was connected (had to click on the hidden network thing) and pages loaded just fine. I've had to do that twice since I got the phone 5 days ago.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you all.  I'm going to try all of your good tips and suggestions.  I was at my son's high school last night, and my Kin connected fine.   So that's about 5 wi-fi hots spots I've tried to get onto now other than my home and they all worked fine.  My home network remains the only one I have problems with.  Again...it's more of a curiousity thing now to get it working at home, since I normally would never get online at home on my phone when I have 2 laptops and a Itouch.   I'll keep you posted if I find a fix.

Pam

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Son of a gun.....I got it working.  I tried a few more times this morning trying to connect, and it was still telling me I have the wrong password.   I changed the last digit on my 10 digit all numeric password on my router from the number 9 to the letter A, and connected on the 1st try.  I didn't change anything else.   I'm still stumped though, as to why I couldn't connect to my network when my password was all numbers, but yet I connected fine to my friends home network and her password that I set up on her router, is also 10 digits all numeric.  We both are using WEP.  The only difference is that I  have a Dlink and she has a LinkSys router, and I have 802.11b router and I think she might have a G.  Funky bug somewhere.  Thanks everyone.   Pam

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Complete a soft reset.

-Power the device off

-Pull the battery for 20 seconds

-Place the battery back in

-Power the device back on

Step 2 – Try removing the Wifi network

Step 3 – Set the Wifi network back up

*Ensure the security used matches the home networks security

Step 4 Try to connect.

0 Likes
sdowney717

step 5

try router reset asnd reconfigure

step6

try another router

I have a Verizon westell brand new router that the kin2m connects and browses but youtube wont work

it says it is loading video and then kicks out to last page with no error messages shown!

I have a netgear router (wgt624v3 with a working firmware, took them forever to make one that would not jam up) kin2m connects, browses and youtube works

SO, why would youtube not work on the Verizon westell and will work on the netgear?

The unexplainable variaancies of hardware amd software implementation gremlins at work.

0 Likes