Question on software updates
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

Just got the Kin TWOm.  So far the only things I am not to thrilled with are the fact that you can not delete ringtones,  that they don't have a Facebook type application, and that you can not forward messages.  Otherwise it's an awesome phone and I love it.  My question is that if there are software updates for the phone, where do the updates come from? Do they come through the Zune application or do we have to go to the Verizon store to get updates?  I hope they at least update it so you can forward messages and delete ringtones.  I like to change my ringtones every once in a while. Especially if there is a song that I really like.  I don't want to use all that space on the phone up with ringtones! That would suck.  But somehow I doubt that would happen.  My previous phone I had a 4 gig micro sd card in it and only used like 1.5 gig of it.  But most of that was music too.

Mel

0 Likes
Re: Question on software updates
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I do apologize for any problems that you are experiencing with your device. Verizon Wireless software updates normally comes over the air as a text message on the device. At this time there is no information available for a software update on this device. When information becomes available for issues that the update will resolve, we will be sure to pass it along. 

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, firstlady. And first thing to pop into my head, roll tide!

I'm optimistic about Kin Onem/Twom updates, hopefully they will come in the near future.

0 Likes
dsonyay

I really dislike the Facebook app on any device I can think of.  Just go to the Facebook's mobile site (should load by default on your Kin.  I prefer the mobile site rather than the app.  I had it on my Blackberry and a droid phone and never seemed to use it.  The mobile web site loads very fast and is easy to navigate.

0 Likes
dmellor

I agree.  If I want to participate with the Facebook crowd, I'll do it on a computer that has a big screen, all the necessary plug-ins and a full-sized keyboard.  Thank you for NOT cluttering my phone with unwanted apps.  NOW how about letting me put on the apps I WANT!!!

0 Likes
RichardPH

I've seen a few posts on the web today that indicate there is a software update for the KIN.

- www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-s-mobile-studio-kin-studio-part-two

Do we have to do anything to get the update?  If not, when will it be pushed out?

Rick

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

These are old updates for the kin two phones. The new M phones do not have any updates, and currently, there are no updates scheduled to be released..

0 Likes