Questions:
Gibbsoroma

Whats everyones average battery life, I feel like mine is horrible, i'll charge it every night because its neccassary, and my battery sometimes will show completely full for the majority of the day, but by dinner time itll shoot from full to half way, then by the end of the night I sometimes even get low battery, faulty battery? Anything I can do about it?

2nd. Is there anything i can do to perserve battery, for the majority of the day I occassionaly text inbetween classes but thats about it, sometimes make a phone call, and every so often I'll use the wifi when I get home for a brief period of time or listen to some music. But thats about it.

3rd. Transferring contacts, is it 100% that the contacts will transfer over at the verizon store? I'd hate to go there and waste my time for nothing.

4th: Whats the default screen size for the locked screen background?

0 Likes
Re: Questions:
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

My battery life lasts a full two days.

An example of my usage: I charge the phone to 100 percent(i always shut the phone off and charge until 100) on SUnday night. (wifi is always off when not in use) My phone is my alarm so it wakes me up in the morning and I head out to work. During work, i make calls, I text, sometimes even cruise the web. When I get off work, I go to the gym and use the zune for over an hour working out. SOmetimes text and call between the music. When i get home, most nights, I surf on the wifi on the phone for help with my video games, looking up info about various tv shows/stars, etc or wifi the zune pass to download songs. Then turn off wifi and go to bed. Second day, repeat exactly and when I get home, I fully charge the phone.

If I do not work out, i simply charge my phone on the third day so i typically get two full day usages off one charge. (with zune music, surfing web, etc)

Honestly, this has been the best phone, battery life wise, I have ever had. If you do not fully charge to 100, or if you leave wifi on, your battery life is going to be the pitts.

As far as trasfering contacts, Im told its 100 percent but I havent done it myself. I dont have that many contacts so I entered them manually.

Screen size is 320 x 480. :smileyhappy: hope this helped.

0 Likes
FP4LC4PON3
Enthusiast - Level 3

The battery life is not that bad I have seen worse but I have also had better but all in all its pretty good.

The screen sucks period in the daylight . Even with the brightness maxed its hard to see.

Very buggy OS. Lags at times & sometimes when someone sends a pic & I open it my screen goes black & I have to press the power button to go into standby & press it to get out of standby & the pic will come up. The OS chugs like hell if you try & go to fast & sometimes will skip for a second.

The Speaker Phone & Speakers for Music playback is absolutely garbage in a general whole. You cant hear **bleep** what so ever even set on maxed for sound.

I really cant say anything good about the phone honestly I wish verizon would take this {word filter avoidance} back & let me pick another choice. You know whats funny is the Verizon rep is the one who highly talked me into this phone. Said its one of the feature phones & its A+ quality which I have found very hard to believe.

0 Likes
CLdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take into consideration if you have the WiFi enabled and the Bluetooth on, it will drain the battery quickly. When you are done with them shut it off and you will see a marked improvement in battery life. The charge on my phone lasts @ 3 days. I have 4 of these phones on my plan and my two kids do the same as you heavy texting, minimal talking, and use the zune and WiFi and they can get at least 2 days out of the battery.

The Verizon store can transfer 100% of the contacts, if they tell you they can't have them try. The software at the stores was updated sometime ago for the Kin and the some of the employee's were not made aware of it. I had contacts transferred at two different stores without incident.

One of the other replys said that the screen is hard to read in the sun, absolutely. However if you look on line you can find an anti-glare screen protector that makes a world of difference.

I have had this phone since Feb. without incident and so has the rest of my family.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Gibbsoroma

Yeah i'm gonna start turning off wifi when im done i didn't do that before I guess that makes sense, thanks,

Also, I went to the store last night, to transfer my numbers from my somewhat operable old kin, to my new replacement one, the guy took it back, and when he handed it to me he said I can't get this one to work and of course when i go to the verizon store it completely stops working, so I brought my old envy2 just incase that didnt' work and the port stops working on that phone... my goddamn luck, i have one more envy 2 at my house so Ill just try that,

I haven't really had trouble reading the screen too bad, but any links to privacy screen protectors or anti glare ones?

Yeah i've had the phone since Christmas, have had no complaints up until my phone stopped working and the lack of a contact transfer

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

One thing I noticed about Wi-Fi on every phone I've had: Keeping it on at home doesn't make much difference in battery life; I leave mine on all the time. But if I forget to turn it off when I leave the house, it drains the battery because it's constantly searching for Wi-Fi networks.

0 Likes
startiger
Enthusiast - Level 3

With bt off and wifi on as needed, I get anywhere from 1 and a half to 3 days depending on use. If i keep it on airplane mode most of the time and only use it for music/fm and web, i get over 4 days until it drains completely.

I read elsewhere that you need to cycle the battery the first time you use it. Charge to 100%, then use it til it drains to 0/shut itself off, disregard the 10% warning. Do this about 3x. I get about the average 2 days use while cycling it, and it's about 2 days average after, so .. i don't know if that helps any.

The phone's default is with bt and wifi on. And i also turned data roaming off. I also don't have that many contacts and didn't bother getting a vzw store to do it. But you can call and ask the stores near you.

The screen is 320px wide x 480px tall, the same resolution as the 1g - 3gs iphones.

0 Likes