Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red light on my Onem
sarahmartin711

So I got this phone yesterday and it's already been acting weird. I will go to unlock it and it will flash a red light through one of the circles on the front of the phone. I don't know what it means but if its something bad I would like to know. Thanks. Also, I just turned it off and at first when I turned it on the verizon wireless message appeared for over a minute so I held the on/off button again until the screen was black. I had to push it several more times to get it to turn on and make it to the kin page while the phone loads. But before it did that the red light was there. I feel like it's a warning saying somethings wrong but I don't know what. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Re: Red light on my Onem
AraceliT_VZW
Novice

Where exactly is the red light flashing? If it is one of the notification indicators, does it happen every time you turn the phone on? 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ruball

I have a Twom, but it works the same way in most regards. I had the red light come on after trying to unlock the phone and I think some buttons were accidently pushed as I had it in my front pocket. Tried turning it off/on to no avail. Ended up pulling out the battery. Put it back in and the phone started up fine. I believe the red light is the equivalent of the "blue screen of death" on a PC. It means the machine is frozen.

Finally got a snap-on cover and this as helped greatly with stopping most accidental button pushing.

0 Likes
baubillious

The "red light" is actually the proximity sensor. It should be infared but on the Kins it seems to flash. It's barely noticeable most of the time. It's there for when you make calls, if you notice during a call you put the phone to your ear and the screen locks and turns off until you put it away, then you can accidentally push buttons. It's also there so if something is covering it, you can't use the lock button. Therefore some cases will cause a problem with the phone.

0 Likes
intelligent

the red light is a sensor... if ur screen locks or goes black then the phone thinks its in a purse or a pocket... if u're in the sun and u cover it w ur hand it will go blank... if u remove ur hand the screen comes back on.. it usually lights up at night... its kind of aggravating to me

0 Likes