Scanning for wifi network
Adonis

When I turn on the wifi and the phone would scan and scan for a network even there I'm right next to a wireless source. I'll even turn on and off the Wifi to no avail. It just keeps scanning.

Why does this do that? How can I get it to connect without shutting the phone off and back on? That's cumbersome.

0 Likes
Re: Scanning for wifi network
Adonis

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Is the router set to broadcast the SSID (the name of your network)?  If not, then you have to use the "Other" option in the phones wireless settings to manually connect...or else change that setting in your router.

Do you have other devices that also scan, but find the name of your network? If so, then the router is broadcasting the SSID, and that's not the problem.

0 Likes
Adonis

It's not just my router. It could be any wireless. Sometimes it'll pick up the wifi network right away, sometimes it'll keep scanning and scanning whereas I know I'm in a hot spot. If I reboot the phone, it'll usually pick up the wifi network, sometimes it won't. I shouldn't have to do that for every wifi spot I go in. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm...I don't know what to tell you.  When I'm in a location where the phone has never connected before, it sometimes takes a couple of scans before it shows all the networks within range, but that's about it. 

My only suggestion would be to go into a Verizon store -- I'm guessing they probably have a WiFi network there -- and show them the behavior. They may decide there's something wrong with your WiFi receiver and order you a replacement phone.

0 Likes