Sending an MMS or text to an email address
salai

On my old feature phone, I was able to send text messages and MMS's to email addresses simply by typing in, or selecting from my contact list an email address in lieu of a phone number. I can't figure out a way to send picture or video messages to email addresses from my Kin Twom.  If I select an email contact from the contact list, the only option is to send an email, which requires WiFi or data usage, when all I want to do is send an old-fashioned MMS or text.  I tried to edit the contact to put the email address in the "Mobile" field rather than the email field, but it doesn't allow me to type in non-numbers in that field.  HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Sending an MMS or text to an email address
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

i believe previous posts in the forum have indicated that you cannot txt to an e-mail from contacts.

you have to manually type in the e-mail yourself when you create new txt message (in the message app), then of course, since it's threaded as conversation, once you created the first one, you can just keep replying to the same message and not typing in the e-mail address again.

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Or just have the email addressee sned you a "text" to your phone first and then you can just reply ( #######@vzwpix.com and the like)

salai

Thanks. Is there anyway to send an email with a Subject?  In my old feature phone you can type in something in the subject line separate from the body... I went to messages to type in the email address and attach the picture, but found nowhere to type in a subject line. Thanks!

0 Likes
salai

Besides texting to and email with a subject, does the Kin TwoM have predictive text? It's really an annoying switch for someone used to predictive texting to go back to typing shorthand texts... Thanks!

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

The predictive texting is not an option on the device.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Yes you can add a subject for your email. Below is step by step instructions with images, on how to send an email with a subject.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=38402

0 Likes
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

One little tip about the instructions offered by August03:

In order to see the subject box you first must press the "Type Message" box, as if you were going to write the message.  The Subject box does not appear until you press the "Type Message" box at the bottom.

0 Likes
salai

Thanks, guys. I realize I made a typo earlier, so my question wasn't clear. I know how to send an email with a subject, but I was hoping to send an MMS to an email address, with a subject. I am able to send an email with a subject, but not an MMS.  On my old feature phone, when I attached a photo or video to a text, there was a subject line where I could type in a subject... with this phone's texting feature, whether I try to send an MMS to an email address through an existing saved conversation or by creating a new one and typing in the address, when I click into the text line to type my message and no subject line comes up.  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
beteboop57

My daughter just got the Intensity to replace her EnV3.  She has now found out that ALL "feature phones" do NOT allow MMS messages!!  ONLY the "smartphones" do...which adds an additional $29.99 to your bill....even if you do NOT want all the features like web! 
I am seriously rethinking staying with Verizon come March when our phones are up.  I do NOT like being forced to purchase something I do NOT want!

So, if I were you, I would check with Verizon if your phone even has that feature.  I KNOW...TOTAL **bleep**!

0 Likes