Skin-Its
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgive me if someone has mentioned this already, I searched but didn't find any mention.
So for those that want to know. My wife gave me two Skin-Its for my KIN TWO for Christmas. They fit well (top and bottom only of the KIN TWO..they do not wrap all the way around) and they stick very nicely. They are pretty glossy as I am sure all Skin-Its are. I am impressed.
I am sure that all of this information is redundant and applies to any Skin-it, but this is my first experience with them. The cut outs for everything are perfectly aligned and do not hinder, for instance, the proximity sensors at all. My only complaint is that the skin is just thick enough to make the "home" button very flush with the Skin.
This does not give much, if any, fall protection but it does give my KIN TWO a bit of scratch resistance. I had already put the SKIN-IT on before I received my screen protectors from Verizon, but it appears that the Skin-It would fit perfectly above the screen protector.(In other words, there is no clear screen protector "built in" to the Skin-It )

0 Likes
Re: Skin-Its
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I am not familiar to skin-its, are they just a simple sort of 'stick on layer' that you put on the phone?

I did end up purchasing the Skinomi skin protector, it hasn't shipped yet though. I'm looking for something a bit more permanent than my $4 case since i didn't like its bulk. Basically, between Skinomi and Zagg (invisibleshield), those are the reliable screen protectors that i know of. Zagg didn't sell anything specific for the Kins, but Skinomi does. I will update on how they go, whether it is worth $20 (or $10 for just the screen protector), although it is nice that there is no shipping cost for either of them. After shipping costs of the cheaper products, it really narrows the gap between the cheap protectors and the quality protectors. I just hope that the phone's volume lock flaw doesn't stop me from taking off the case from the phone.

Links:

Skinomi TechSkin Full Body Skin Protector

Skinomi TechSkin Screen Protector

0 Likes