Suggestion for software update on Kin2M
dsonyay

Ok-- so if anyone would care for this suggestion for the Kin2:

Please fix the phone to where when I lock the screen the phone volume will lock too.  Geez, this one thing really aggravates me.  When I lock the phone and put it in my pocket, the volume seems to always get changed.  Potentially embarrasing in meetings, weddings, chuches, etc.  I noticed today it went from loud to silent while in my pocket and and I missed a few calls and test messages. 

Last week I silenced the phone, locked the screen only to have it ring right before a church service began.  Luckily it happened before the service began.  So I ended up shutting it off.  But then, guest what?  While in my pocket it came back on again!! Geez, can someone write a patch at the next upgrade to fix this aggravating problem.  I keep wanting to bring this phone back and fire up my BB Curve again.  Crappy web browser but the phone is glitch free. 

I like this phone for the most part, especially the wi-fi feature and camera.  I've got data (3g browsing) disabled and am enjoying the low cost to operate the phone over my BB Curve.

When the screen is locked, EVERYTHING should lock!  Let's get this fixed please.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestion for software update on Kin2M
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

++

I second that! It is very frustrating, waiting for an important call and freaking out worried your phone has gone silent in your pocket!

0 Likes
dsonyay

haha! Yeah-- I noticed another thread where someone noticed his Kin2 updating software, or something that effect.  Hopefully they'll do one for this problem.

But I did also read where MS is stopping support (or something like that) for the Kins.  Maybe that will affect the software upgrades in the future.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

What you read about the Kins from Microsoft was dealing with the original Kin phone's data storage support. They are completely killing that one off, but as far as the new m models go, i haven't heard any word as to whether it is purely to clear their excess inventory, or whether they are actually moving the phone model to a feature phone and re-producing them.

0 Likes
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I've emailed Microsoft, and I know other's have too asking the same question.  No one gets a reply. I still haven't gotten a reply from them.  What other's are feeling is that this was to get rid of the current units they had of the Kin so that they wouldn't loose more money then they already have on it.  They've taken the Kin operating system and rolled it into the Windows Phone 7 operating system.   So, I guess it's a wait and see.  Maybe they had no plans to make any more, but if it becomes very popular they may rethink their decision and improve on it.  Hopefully the latter is what will happen, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Mel

0 Likes