Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syncinc my calendar to computer?
Timl33

I just received my Kin Twom in the mail, and I had been told by my Verizon rep that it would be able to sync a calendar to my computer.  However, I don't see any such option.  Is there an easy way to do this, or did I just get bamboozled?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Syncinc my calendar to computer?
fisharefriends

I'm sorry to tell you that you were bamboozled. The old Kin phones could do this through the Kin studio and such (they were marketed as smartphones), but the new m model Kin phones can't (feature phones). This phone is much more comparable to the functionality of other feature phones, with the exception of having wifi, a zune player, and a great camera.

0 Likes
dmellor

As you point out elsewhere, most simple feature phones allow some form of backup.  My old Motorola slider was very simple, but had excellent backup capabilities through the Motorola PhoneTools application on my PC.   It allowed contact categories that could be edited, ringtones organized by categories, pictures in subdirectories the way I wanted them organized, a music editor that could be used to create custom ringtones, and a long list of etcs.

By the way.  I have another suggestion for you list of software updates.  Fix the calendar so you can enter a repeated event with an ending date.  Right now if you enter any form of repeat, the event is repeated forever.  On the other side of the coin, you can't delete events "from now on."  The only options are a single occurrence or all occurrences.  If  you try to delete an event after a certain date, you have only the choice of one or all and the all is retroactive!  This is ridiculous, especially since the format for entering events asks for the date to start AND the date to end every entry in addition to start and end time.  BTW  If you enter a date other than the one you're on for the end date on an event, the software gives an error and suggests trying again later.  Typical Microsoft stupidity.  I am convinced that the only thing about Microsoft error messages you can trust is that they are in error.  Does anybody know where to find information on hacking this code?

Thanks for an excellent forum

0 Likes
fisharefriends

I agree with the calendar options. With it repeating forever, it is virtually useless to add a repeated calendar event. Microsoft clearly didn't have any consumer testing before they released this phone, otherwise things like this would've been caught and fixed before the public release. And clearly, the lack of testing period, as well as proper marketing and pricing, led to its complete failure and broken image upon its re-release as the m models.

Here's a reply to another post i made (post #6) that has a link to the microsoft forums that had some activity of people trying to manually fix contact backups, and if possible, fix some other software features. If you have any knowledge in terms of software editing, that would be very, very helpful in fixing the otherwise negligible microsoft support and finding work-around alternatives to certain features.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/contacts-saved-on-the-KIN-TWOm/td-p/346892

Please update us on any progress made, if you do investigate into this. Thanks!

0 Likes